South Africans living in Paraguay

Hi All,
We are a young South African family with a small son, considering moving to Paraguay as we heard that there is a big South African expat community there. Is that true? Looking forward to making loads of new friends on this forum.

Hi and welcome to Expat.com :)
Maybe the Network of South Africans in Paraguay could help?
Cheers
Arlette

At last time to write again.
Hi Vrystaatblommetije.Welcome.Like I said in my quick PM to you last week to you, big community maybe we were, but alas, PY wasn't the land of honey that most South Africans made it out to be.Few are left these days, and I would venture to say those that still are here are for good here, we've paid our "school money" accepted how its works here, and are fighting back with all we've got. :D

I see you say on your profile that your husband is in the electrical engineering field. If your plan is that he should keep on working in the line of work here I hope you realize that He'll have to learn perfect Spanish...and I would expect that the salaries between here and there would differ very much, but then living standards here again is much more cheaper. I guess in the end it just comes down to what one want from live.

Have a good one and till next time.