I am coming to New Delhi

Hello people in India and people with an interest in India,

I have the opportunity to take up a position with an NGO in New Delhi in July/August of this year. I've travelled quite extensively in Asia and lived/worked in Japan and Cambodia, but have never ventured as far East as India.

I'm looking to connect with like-minded people who are also planning/considering a move to N.Delhi, or perhaps you are already there and in a position to advise somebody who is about to make the big leap! I am a 35 year old professional woman travelling independently, with a background in marketing, communications, recruitment and teaching English as a second language.

I look forward to connecting with you, participating in this forum and becoming a part of the online community of expats (and locals) in Delhi.

Thank you!

Hi AimilillyNZ,

Welcome to :)

I have created a separated thread with your post on the New Delhi forum in order to give it much more importance and to help you to get into contact with the expats and locals residing in New Delhi more easily.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Priscilla  :cheers:

You have variety of qualification. What do you prefer. Let's see where destiny takes you. I am in New Delhi. You can contact me on chopra100[at] Regards and welcome...

Hi Lilly.

Welcome to Feel free to ask anything on this forum.

its good to hear that people from around the world wish to volunteer to work for people in need in India.....

Keep up the good work...hope u have a great time in India...

post here if u need any guidance about living in Delhi....I m sure everyone here in New Delhi would be happy to assist with such a cause.....

this is Vikas from new delhi although not from your field but would like to invite you for Lunch or a dinner sometime to your convenience. I am into exports of garments and meet and also like to meet new people.You have a comfortable stay in India and in case of any help please be free to mail me on visa9516[at] or call me on 9560058880.
cheers and stay blessed.

45000 indian Rupee per month is sufficient for a modest living. House rent will consume most of it. Although R K puram is a modest middle class area and the rents are likely to be low. In India generally the house is rented without furnishing ie furniture, fitting etc. You have to buy these. Try for a fully furnished accommodation. You need A/C, Sitting/dining room furniture, bed room furniture, kitchen appliances and utensils.Carpet and curtains .

So allocate settlement allowance for these or look for furnished accommodation (higher rent).

best regards

Dr. Suresh MD,MRCP
+91 9871902023

(Moderated: off topic)

(Moderated: please avoid copy/paste on the forum + post your offer in the housing section)

I saw your post. I am Indian woman living in New Delhi suburbs. If you feel interested, we can be friends.

Good day to you!

Welcome to the land of diversity India. If you need any help or face any issues please get in touch.

Have a safe journey!!

Hi Lily,

Your most welcome in New Delhi, India.

We indians are ready to support you in all manners you need.

Myself is a Yoga-Meditation Master providing complete yoga classes to individual and group. The style of my yoga is Intuitive, means creative, customized as per student's needs.

Would be happy to be associated with you.

Thanks & Regards,
Intuitive Param

Hi Emily,
I hope you will definetly enjoy your stay in India, specially Delhi.One of my very Good friend also Running an NGO so plz feel free to contact me as I am in India for a Month and may be i can be any help to ya regarding your time of stay in India and may be you can also be any help to my friend as she is Running an NGO and it would be an Honour for us if you can spare some time as you know some kids might feel special to see a special person all the way from a Different part of the world.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks & Regards

Arvind Chauhan

Bienvenue en Inde/New Delhi!

Questions and answers about New Delhi

Ask your question
Looking for job
By Soya27
Expat area to live in Gurgaon
By annaheenan
Living cost in Delhi
By annaheenan

Expatriate health insurance in New Delhi

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in New Delhi

Moving to New Delhi

Find tips from professionals about moving to New Delhi

Travel insurance in New Delhi

Enjoy a stress-free travel across New Delhi

Flights to New Delhi

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to New Delhi