How does this blacklisting thing work?

Hey all!

Long time reader, first time poster n'all.

I'm trying to find out exactly under what circumstance does one get black listed from entering Saudi Arabia.

Searching the www for info on this yields all sorts of different answers. You realize after a while that they are just opinions...only the person giving one neglects to start with IMO, therefore it being presented as a fact.

I don't understand why its difficult to get this info, as if its top government secret. Shouldn't it be one of the first things listed on Saudi immigration web site?

Anyway, enough ranting...for now. Anyone here got info on this? Like who exactly is able to black list you? Your sponsor? The government? Both? If you overstay your work visa, do you automatically get blacklisted? I feel the answer to that, as all else in Saudi, will depend on nationality. Therefore I should include "I'm inquiring about American citizens".
How can one NOT get black listed? How can you ensure that you don't get blacklisted, before exiting Saudi Arabia, even though your situation warrants it?

Appreciate any "correct" info. A link to a legitimate site which contains this info would also be much appreciated!

Hello katocy

Welcome on the Forum  :)

Regards

Kenjee

kenjee wrote:

Hello katocy

Welcome on the Forum  :)

Regards

Kenjee

Why thank you! How hospitable

Why would you want to know such info!
Knowing some of the policies of such a country you should try to refrain from any wrongdoings that could get one blacklisted.

This is the kingdom, you flick the bird to one Saudi and he may ignore it, you flick it to another one who could be well connected and that can get you blacklisted.

hamudi wrote:

Why would you want to know such info!
Knowing some of the policies of such a country you should try to refrain from any wrongdoings that could get one blacklisted.

This is the kingdom, you flick the bird to one Saudi and he may ignore it, you flick it to another one who could be well connected and that can get you blacklisted.

Aha...so "flicking the bird" is one of the things that could get you blacklisted. Interesting.