Moving to Ecuador

Hello,
I am a white male, self employed,78,very,very active, selling every thing in the u.s.,Houston Tx.,
& thinking of moving to Ecuador.
I am 5' 8". 185 lbs, not fat, blue eyes,white hair,& so young I would like to take my 2014,Nissan
370 Z Roadster Tourist,Convertible,& my @012 Ford King Ranch 350,Super duty Truck with me.
I would like to meet a nice slim lady , non smoke, that is very active & likes romance & great times.
Barry Honeycutt  [email protected]

Barry:

Welcome to the group. The only part of your post I'm qualified to comment on is this: You may have some problems with bringing two vehicles to Ecuador. Others know more about those rules, so I'll leave it to them to get into the details.

Bob

Thanks Bab.
Barry

I wasn't planning to move that soon, I am selling property,heavy equipment,cows,trucks,every thing.
However, I would fly June 29 to July 7, if we can meet & check the country out.
Thanks, Barry 713 824 2194
Oh, I live in Houston Tx.  8214 Colgate st 77061.

Bob, I was told by a English lady from there,she said, a Person go there with $50,000.00
dollars could live like a KING!
Any thing to that.
(moderated: Expat.com is not a dating website)
Thanks. Barry

If interested,I half to book my flight ,very soon,with American,7 thickets left.
What hotel,& I would rent a car if necessary.
Thanks again. Barry

demoligest wrote:

Bob, I was told by a English lady from there,she said, a Person go there with $50,000.00
dollars could live like a KING!
Any thing to that.

If you mean $50k/year income, then yes you should be able to live very, very nicely. There are differing opinions on what the minimums are to get along there (with some absurd, in my opinion, estimates as low as a grand a month) but $50k is safely above the bar. My own expenses were running about $2k/month in Quito.

If you mean a $50k savings account, the question is always, "How long does it need to last?"

she said, it would buy a nice house, servants & for ever.!
I think she was a little under,.
Barry

@ Barry > Please note that i have created a new thread with your post on the Ecuador forum in order to bring more light to your topic here.

demoligest wrote:

I would like to meet a nice slim lady , non smoke, that is very active & likes romance & great times.
Barry Honeycutt  [email protected]

Also note that Expat.com is NOT a dating website please.

Thank you,

Priscilla