Moving to Trondheim

Please help me with the right links who i where i can find information regarding work permit and stay in Norway..  i am from Ghana and i moving to trondheim as a job seeker. I have a  schengen visa that i can use to travel to Norway but i do not know the next step when i arrive there. please give you your advice, Thank you very much, Angela

The immigration authorities have been making it harder and harder to apply for job seeker visas. At this time the only two ways it seems possible are as skilled workers from countries that don't require a visit visa (Ghana seems to require one so this option isn't available)' or if you are a researcher. Read more here:
http://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/work … searcher-2

The website also lists other types of visas that might be an option for you. The list of options seems to change often so I recommend reading carefully. For example, there was a langue learning for skilled worker visa that was just repealed a few weeks ago.

This isn't the easiest country to get a foothold in, unfortunately. It's achieved the reputation among would-be expats that life here is easy and well funded by the government, so now it seems like everyone wants to move here.

Thank you for this information but i have already a visa issued for me with the Netherlands embassy and i have been to Norway with this kind of visa before, so i know i can have entry but my question is, when i am there, how do i apply for a work permit? what do i need to do or know once i am in Norway.
please consider this question for me.Thank you.

You said you have a Schengen visa, which allows you to visit. The link I provided has information on applying for work visas based on what you said above (that you are seeking work). If you have a job offer already, the type of visa depends on what kind of work you will be doing. Do you already have a job?

Thank you ECS, I have sent out a few applications and should i get a reply it would be good sign but as at now i have no responds or any job offer yet, However i intend to keep looking before coming to Norway.

How are you planning to reside here legally if you don't have a job before arriving?

i need to find a way some how but i think its much better when i am there and looking personally than applying from over seas? what do you think?

It is of course better to look for a job in person, but if you are here on a visitor visa, your time is limited and you will not be able to register in the system here. Rental and food costs are also quite high for people who are not earning Norwegian salaries. I hope you have lots of savings!

what do you mean register int he system? what i plan to do this first 90days is to stay with a friend in trondheim or Oslo where is possible. After 90 days i will leave the schengen zone and re enter with the multi visa i have if i have not manage my way out.
   I need to give it a try at least but renting a place will be much expensive. Most important for me to learn the language if that is not too expensive also during this 3months.What is your advice please.
Thanks Angie