Sadara Standard Benefits

Hi folks,

I am expecting an offer from Sadara soon. Appreciate if someone can provide a bit detailed info on Sadara standard benefits apart from salary. 

1. Is Sadara offering a relocation package (transportation cost of moving household items) and is it a standard benefit or have to negotiate this as part of compensation package?

2. Sadara offers medical and dental insurance to employees. What are the usual limits on claims? 

3. I heard Sadara mamnagement announced bonuses for employees at the startup of each plant. Is it an official announcement? any idea about the bonuses?

4. Is there any other benefit offered? other than medical or return airfare

Appreciate info on this subject. Thanks

Hello TS!

I am answering your queries based from the usual benefits of government, and semi-government owned company in Saudi Arabia.

1. The relocation allowances/benefits are usually offered only to Saudis (This is as per Aramco/Sabic Standard, Sadara is a joint venture plant from Aramco and DOW Chemicals, so most likely the management policy will be similar to Aramco). However, you have to ensure that you are being hired as Direct. If you are under a supply manpower company, you would not get this by any means.
2. Ensure you are Direct hired first, the limit is usually up to 1000 - 2000 SAR for dental. For outpatient and inpatient, its usually free. If you are being employed under a manpower contract policy, the dental and medical coverage will varies from company to company and usually will require you to pay 10~20% on outpatient.
3. This are usually given to direct hires, however, there are companies chemical companies in KSA who gives bonuses to non-direct provided they are included in the organizational chart.
4. The norm in Saudi Arabia are Basic Salary + 35% cost of living allowance (transportation and food). Bonuses are given upon the discretion of the company. Training, business travel including their per diem allowances are some added benefits but are not guaranteed. Educational allowance are also granted to employees as standard package, the coverage for you dependents may vary from company to company.

If you are of Saudi National, the common benefits are Housing Ownership Program, Loans, Thrift and Savings Program.