Looking for info on family life in jabail

Hi there....my husband has a job offer with Sadara and I am trying to gather as much info as possible to help me make the decision on whether to move to Saudi. We have 5 kids but only considering bringing our 15 year old son and 18 month old daughter.  Any info on family life would be gratefully received. Also I understand that the new complex in jabail is still under construction. ...where is the best place for my family to live?
Thanks for your time...Tracy x

I am not in Jubail, so I have no clue, but there have been dozens of threads on Sadara/Jubail in the past few months.  Go to the top and type Sadara in the search box, and then browse through the results.  Do the same by searching for the keyword Jubail.  You can also click on the Jubail forum and then view all the topics there.

By the way, what are you going to do with the middle 3 kids?  Are they in boarding schools, or will you leave them with relatives?  Either way, that has to be tough!

Thank you for your reply I will do that. In answer to your question...The other 3 kids are older and at uni/work so taking them isn't an option. Still a tough one though.
Thnx for your reply..x

Tracy if you do a facebook search for Sadara Expat then you will find a page I set up to help people in our situation. I am travelling out there in three weeks and my wife and two daugters will follow a couple of months later. You are correct in that the compounds are still being finished but from what I am being told will be good quality 3 bed houses. Sadara have booked accomodation in various compounds for putting people in before the new compound is ready and they all seem good. I will wait until there is place in the new compound before I bring the family though as one move is enough with a 4 and 5 year old!
Expat life will be a big change if you have never been there before but as so many people will be in the same situation there should be a very good social life on camp. There are two schools one American and one English curriculum both see quite good.

Thanks Stu...I was thinking the same about the housing. Hubby wants us out ASAP but I think waiting until housing is ready might be better. Big decisions ahead. 15 year old is undecided and it's difficult to give him the info he is looking for. He would be fine to stay here with his own dad so I'm trying to do what's best for him.
I joined a face book group yesterday.
Thanks and good luck to you x

From past experience of moving countries myself if I had a 15 year old I would not move them especially if there is another choice. Once in secondary education its a lot harder to move and adapt. He can fly out for holidays etc.

It will break my heart to leave him behind but I don't want to take him if it's not the best thing for him. His dad is here so he has that option. Decisions decisions x

As someone who has moved countries a couple of times and has a wife from another country believe me the worlds not that big nowadays!
I am leaving a 13 year old girl with her mother in England so wont see her very often but at least when I see her I won't be worrying about money and when she wants to study further I will be able to help her.

Sorry to say that
   How much money became so important that people living the family for money :)

We brought all 3 of our boys (ages 22, who is still a student, 16 & 12).  Lots of families here with their teen kids.  LOTS!  There's no way I would ever have left one behind.  Family is just too important.  Time flies, whether you're together or apart.  If you're apart, you look up and that time has disappeared and you can't get it back.  When you're together, time flies and you end up closer than you were.  And for kids, even if it's a rough patch in their lives, there's no guarantee that it won't be rough wherever they are (and at least you're there to help them through it) and since time does fly, that rough patch will be over before they know it! 

As for where to live, there are several compounds in Jubail (and Khobar) that Sadara has contracts with.  Most of us don't really have a choice of where we're going to live if Sadara is paying for it.  If you'll be finding your own housing, pm me and I'll tell you a little about each of the compounds there.  :)

Hi tracey, I wonder what you ended up doing. I do agree with you that leaving the older ones behind is  really best for them. I have been here a year and it would be hard for teenagers to adjust, if there is an option I would say let them stay in their environment.