Moving to Oman

Dear All,

I got a job offer in Oman as Resident Manager for 1000 OMR along with furnished accommodation , paid utilities and other benefits. I also got family status as well.

Is the above salary sufficient for a family of 4 ( 2adults + two 6months babies).

Pls advise.

Gaurav

Hello,

A net carry home of R.O. 1,000/- per month in hand would comfortably suffice for a small family.

Good luck.

Hi Mr. Gaurav

Its more than sufficient salary for u and ur family. If have moderate giving style u have save abt 500  OMR and more than that. I my personal experience i am spending only 250 Omr for a month including water , electricity, internet , cooking gas and monthly provisions.

I think u r happy with my post.

Regards,

Ramya

Hi Sumitran,

Thank you for your revert.

Could you please elaborate what would be savings that I can look forward .

Thank you

Dear Gaurav,
Have a look at this post Cost of living from the start. You'll certainly get all the answers + saving potential.

trust the above will help.

regards.

Thank you so much Schaz.

Is it possible to buy Indian food like pulses, vegetables and other provisions. Is Indian food & utensils easily available in Oman.

Thank you

Gaurav

Well, to cut a long story short all I can say is that you get more Indian stuff here in Muscat, than even in India !

Hi Sumitran,

Do you have an idea about a company know as Renaissance Services - Contact Services Group, kindly advise.

Thank you

Yes, I know them.

Recently they were into a major revamp of people and processes. Group ts okay.

Good luck !

Hi Sumitran,

Thank you for your revert.

In continuation, is the company good to stick around for a period of 2 years in the sense employee friendly, employee centric and tick to their words.

Also, in how much time I can expect my visa as my company has submitted my papers for labour clearance.

Kindly suggest.

Thank you

Hello !

All I know about Renaissance is that they one of the larger B2B players in the Omani business landscape. Beyond that I cannot comment on their work culture and employee engagements.

For anyone coming to Oman for the first time, joining any organisation comes with a lot of unknowns. The work culture will be very different compared to India; people are also quite different and there will be many other things which newcomers would find very unlike it is back home. Some adjust quickly to the new surroundings and work style, while for some others this could take awhile more. Except perhaps some large oil and gas companies such as the PDO, I doubt if there are any preferred employers in this country.

About getting employment visa, it is entirely up to the Ministry of Manpower. There are many variables involved, like the company possessing the required labour clearance for the job / visa being applied for, the company meeting its set Omanisation targets, etc. Read through the forum on these subjects to get all the information you need.

Good luck.