Is it now safe to travel to Thailand?

good morning people :)
earlier this morning i received a call from a friend inviting me up to attend a beach wedding of her cousin Kate ;)...it is happening on the 3rd Saturday of July...and while I am afraid to travel to Thailand nowadays (red shirts), I can't let this event pass me by (ok ok I've never been to a beach wedding, please understand the desperation)

now, if I may ask, is it now safe to travel to Thailand?...the event will take place on a resort called Saboey, if I'm not mistaken it's this and it's in koh samui? how far away is this place from the riots? they all will come from bangkok to saboey, but is there an airport in this area so I don't have to meet them up at Bangkok anymore?:/

Thank You Very Much

lurve,:P
Karels

Today it s safe to travel in thailand ...We didnt ear about red shirts since a long time.
but who know if it will be save in july 2010?  Nobody.
Whatever happens they will never protest at the bangkok airport again.
   Dont worry Karels, you can go enjoy the wedding party at kho samui. The saboey at the north east of the island. it is very near from the airport

Hi,

You dont have to worry,everything seems ok now in BKK...i have been travelling in and out of the country and it was good...no problem at all...i just went back to the Phils to take my daughter back end of may then came back here june 12...no problem at all and koh samui is more or less 600 miles...and there's an airport there so i think u can fly to and from there.

Have a nice day and enjoy the wedding.

YES IT IS SAFE. YOU CAN GO ANYWHERE IN BANGKOK. THE LIFE HER IS BACK TO NORMAL EXCEPT FOR THE BUILDING THAT HAS BEEN BURN. GO AND ATTEND THE WEDDING AND ENJOY IT.

lyn.

Its still safe at the mo...
And even when its considered NOT SAFE - bangkok is still pretty safe in my book.

I was here for the entire Riots, with buildings buring and tanks in the street. But as Bangkok is absolutely humongous. Trouble only happens usually in one or 2 central spots. And you can just avoid all problems by not going near them.

Dont worry... Bangkok is safe - just use your noggin..