Follow my boyfriend

Hi,
I am an italian girl, my boyfriend will move to oman in August, maybe because we are not sure yet but it's quite sure.
I want to follow him but, what do you think? It's possible to live together, because we are not married.
I have a degree in marketing and enterprise communication, do you think I will find a job?

thank you so much

Welcome on Expat.com, Elisa :)
Oman being a muslim country, I can definitively tell you that you'll not be able to move in with your boyfriend without being married.
Your only alternative would be for you to find your own job and by this a sponsorship.
Cheers
Arlette

Sorry Arlette but I cannot agree. I used to live together with my girlfriend here in Muscat for roughly half a year. She got a visit visa and every 30 days we went for a quick weekend holiday in Dubai. Worked just fine, although for the long run it's probably not bearable. We're married now. ;-)

Hi there,

It's the law forbid for such cases. Living together is not a big deal but if  pregnant and to give a child birth being an unmarried woman quite scary. Çoz as I heard government takes the kid and put the mother in jail.
My advice is you to follow your heart.
In advance welcome wishes

Liyoni

Liony you're right. Moving in with your boyfriend will work just fine according to my experience, but if you're thinking about getting pregnant that's a whole different story.

Remember that you're about to move to an islamic country and such things are not accepted here.
So as Liony said....follow your heart....it's your decission.

Dear friend,

If you feel to settle with your boy friend, then i  would say Oman is one of the best destinations in the world. The people over here are so gentle and we will never feel that we are an expatriate. Even though you are not married you would have no problems staying together. and I hope you would be having a great time in Oman.
WELCOME TO OMAN