Moving to Santiago End of July - Housing Questions

I am moving to Santiago to take a job as an ESL Teacher.  I need temporary housing for about 2 weeks or so, and then will be looking for a 1-bedroom apartment in Los Condes or Providencia. I will arrive the last week in July.  Any sugguestions for housing that is not outrageously expensive? Not interested in hostels or roommates, but would consider a share situation for the 2 week temporary period.  Anything you can tell me would be great!
Thanks.

a good place to find temporary accommodation is contactchile as normally apartments are NOT furnished in Santiago. The guys there specialize on expats and i have a friend who regular uses them (although from periods of 3 months to a year). Not sure if they do 2 week rentals though since 2 weeks is really a short period of time

Hi BRK - Your best bet would be to make friends with a few locals and seek their help for accommodation.  I was born in Chile and have lived most of my life in the US and Canada.

Generally, Chilenos love Gringos and most of them are willing to help. Explain your situation and ask if they personally know someone who would be willing to have you stay at their home for a short period.

Do offer some kind of payment, but do not be surprised if your guest refuses to accept any money.

Good luck.