Outdoor fun around Santiago

Hi. I have been in santiago a few weeks and desperate for some outdoor fun. I biked to valapriaso last weekend but have nobody to play with this weekend. Is anyone interested in going biking, climbing, hiking, kayaking ... anything??

hi,

i dont have a bike yet (getting one soon) out of curiosity, how long did it take you from santiago to valparaiso

cheers

about 7 hours, but I was on a crappy town bike, no gears, only one brake etc. So if youve got a decent bike youll be much quicker im sure. Its fun.

yes it would, in canada i used to to same and i had a trek multitrack but here i am not sure if i should invest in a nice bike as bike roberry in here is high, drivers are not all that friendly for bike riders and i hate to ride on the sidewalk (i like to be down with the cars :) )

Yeah the highway was okay as thereŽs a decent hardshoulder, but through the towns is awful. And Im used to battling Asian traffic. Well if you know any groups who are planning sme bike trips or anything else outdoors. IŽd love to hear about it. Im dying to get out the city.