New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here

Hey Bill

Thanks for all the great information, it will certainly help me in the future....... The beer is on me

Apart from accommodation I am really interest in work prospect and of course visa options

I have heard a few things
1. Non thai staff cost  double the wage
2. With the visa you can only stay in the same place/same job
3. Its not as easy as people think

I have been in the hospitality industry for many years, so I am not afraid of hard work! I don't need all these modern cons that coming with an apartment, but I do want a decent job and a decent wage

What do you do for a living. Can you put me into touch with anyone else in Hospo?

Once again that you for all the great feed back

Andrew

Dear all,

I am Samuel from Singapore. I like the thai culture and I am hoping to get a job in Thailand and settle down there for the rest of my life. I am a diploma holder and thinking what are the job suitable for me over in Thailand.

Hi Andrew,

No, I'm not working at this time. I worked in Thailand for three years teaching English but became eligible for social security benefits and took an early retirement. I could have continued working as well as collecting social benefits but I was discouraged from doing that because of the visa requirements. If you want to work here, basically, you need a Non-Immigrant Type 'B' visa. The specific requirements are on the Royal Thai Consulate's Web site: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123. You'll notice that you'll need to apply for the Type B before you come to Thailand. That's important: you can't convert a tourist (TR) visa to some other kind here in Thailand. You'll also want to join another forum here that's dedicated to foreigners seeking employment visas (and all other types) here in Thailand: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/

Bottom line, the Type B visa is tied to your job and your employer will have to be very proactive in order to help you secure it. That's because one of the requirements for the Type B visa is that you also need a work permit. So, if you change jobs, you lose your work permit and your visa expires (such a hassle). And you're back to square one: get another job, get the required documents from your employer, find a foreign Thai Consulate that will process Type B visas (Vientianne, Laos has one), fly or bus there and two business days later, you got another Type B visa, which, again, will only be valid for the term of your work permit,

Sorry, can't help with contacts in the hospo industry. I might be interested in it from an investment perspective, if you come by any of those opportunities.

Cheers,
Bill

krivchev wrote:

Hello, first want to say Thank you. I am from Bulgaria, and plane to move in Thailand. Hope soon :)
Im a web desinger, and now make some web projects, specialy  for thai people. I dont know thai language, and look for parthers, to work together and make money together.  The true is, that my english also is not perfect :) So, my interest are online business, and web video marketing. I also make videos for web - script, shoting, edit ...

Why I want to move in Thailand ?
First, i see that Thailnad is beautiful country, with beautiful people. Second, i think that thai "e- market" is very good oportionity. I find some thai friends from internet (ladies). Now i develop my projects, and search information for e-commerce in Thailand. Nice to met all people here :)

Hi krivchev,

I am currently retired and living in Chiang Mai but would be very interested in any work projects involving Web application development, Unfortunately, I don't speak Thai yet but would hasten my studies, if the right work project came along. Basically, I was a software and database application developer in California for about 25 years before I moved here to Thailand. During the late '90s I started getting a little work on Java and J2EE Web apps. In 2007, I finally got to concentrate full time on Web apps and started learning .NET/C# and I also went back to school fulltime for 3 months to retrain in .NET/C# and SQL Server. Since 2010, however, I've been teaching English here in Thailand (although, I'm currently 'retired'). But I just love the internet and photography is a hobby of mine. It would really be exciting to get involved in Information Technology again. I also have a worldwide network of experienced and highly successful IT professionals who could be 'appropriated', as need be, for their specific knowledge. And I'd even consider involvement as an investor, if the market seems right.

Cheers and good luck!
Bill

I started visiting Thailand 12years ago. I liked the country and the people very much and after some years I started making plans for moving there. I met my wife 5 years ago on a visit to Thailand. We started making plans for living in my country ( Norway ) fore 2 years first and then move to Thailand in autumn 2013, and that is what we have done. Now we live a few hours drive south of Bangkok and Hua Hin. We have been here now for about 7 months and life is great.
All the best Carerra

hi my name nura..im plan to move to thai... n search for job.. nice to meet u all

hi carerra ..nice to meet u

Hello Bill, thank you very much ! Must to say that you have very big experience in IT ! I am just a web desinger :) HTML, CSS, and PHP. Now make one facebook App : p69.eu/556 and one dating site : /thailovemail.com. For "facebook App" must add some functions, and on dating site, to fix some bugs :) If is true that what i read in internet -  Thailand is very good market for digital products and serive. Milion people, enoight placess with internet access, and small level of e-products and servicess with localisation in thai language. And because probably all peole using internet with mobile phones, the good niche is a mobile internet market. Or just responsive desing. If realy small sites(sericess and products) are with thai language localisations and with "mobile friendly" desingen and structure -  its a good opportunity -  i hope :) But you know, to find good niche, must make serios research and analysis. I am glad to meet you. Sorry for my english-  must improve my english level. My facebook id is : krasimir.n.krivchev

Cheers, and have a nice day Bill :)
Krasimir

Hi all
         My self shoab anwar I am from india
I am searching job in hotels and restaurants I am a commerce post graduate in india I am self employed due to some personal reasons I shutt my business now I am interested in driving and hotels job if there any job for me so plz tell me how I apply for the job last 3 months I am searching job in abroad but I  am not success to searh job my financial conditions is very poor plz help me for searching job and plz tell me how to apply thanx

Hi i am new in the forum but I have been working around 1 year in Thailand already

Hi santib I am from india I am searching driving jobs in Bangkok if there any vacancies for indians so plz tell me I am interested in hotel job also in pataya thanx

[Moderated: Off topic]

krivchev wrote:

Hello Bill, thank you very much ! Must to say that you have very big experience in IT ! I am just a web desinger :) HTML, CSS, and PHP. Now make one facebook App : p69.eu/556 and one dating site : /thailovemail.com. For "facebook App" must add some functions, and on dating site, to fix some bugs :) If is true that what i read in internet -  Thailand is very good market for digital products and serive. Milion people, enoight placess with internet access, and small level of e-products and servicess with localisation in thai language. And because probably all peole using internet with mobile phones, the good niche is a mobile internet market. Or just responsive desing. If realy small sites(sericess and products) are with thai language localisations and with "mobile friendly" desingen and structure -  its a good opportunity -  i hope :) But you know, to find good niche, must make serios research and analysis. I am glad to meet you. Sorry for my english-  must improve my english level. My facebook id is : krasimir.n.krivchev

Cheers, and have a nice day Bill :)
Krasimir

Hi Krasimir,

(I sent you a facebook friend request from William Blaney). I am just a Web App Developer! What a great team we could be: Web Designer+Web Developer! I hope you come to Thailand and especially come to Chiang Mai. I think you will enjoy life here, besides from work. And I would love to get involved with your work projects. No problem to email you my resume, if you accept my facebook friend request.

Looking forward to meeting you.
Cheers/Bill

shoabima wrote:

Hi santib I am from india I am searching driving jobs in Bangkok if there any vacancies for indians so plz tell me I am interested in hotel job also in pataya thanx

The jobs you are looking for can be done by locals so you have no chance.

Hi
We used to live in Bangkok in 2006 for 12 months and loved it. We are hoping to retire in the next few years and will be working out where to live when we return for a long holiday in 2016.

Would love to hear recommendations and why. Thanks
Di

Hello there everyone.. Just arrived here in bangkok and currently working here near soi ladya.. Looking forward to meet new buddies and friends to hang-out with during weekends.,

Thanks

Hello everyone

I am shuko, coming from China, studied in Japan and now working in Bangkok.

This is my third time coming here.
I hope I can find more interesting news and meet more good friends.

Thanks

hi im ann im also new here in thailan..hoping that I could meet new friends here..^^

I confused by this site that even if I post some self-introduction I can't send the private e-mail/

Hi all!
I've been living in Phuket for some time.....would love to make new friends.

Pls feel free to say hi.

Patt-zara

My Name is Lee and I have been living in Phuket for 2 years and now I'm looking to buy some good used furniture for my house.  This is my reason for being here. Any one selling can contact me. Items located in other locations except Phuket will need to be shipped.
thank you

Hi all,

my name is Heidi, I am living in Nuremberg / Germany and I am about to move to Thailand for 1 year or more, beginning October/November this year. Well, I am a newbie here, so there will surely be a lot of questions from my side, concerning everything about this "adventure".
I will be living in Jomtien/Pattaya, everything is arranged already, so this will not be point, but, I will be coming with my cat SNOOPY (2 years) and by now, e.g., I could not find a clear statement on the question, whether, after my arrival at the airport BKK,  Snoopy will be in quarantine for some weeks.
Is there anyone who knows something about the present "law" concerning importing a cat to live there. I know all about the paperwork to do in advance before travelling, but I do not know anything about the quarantine regulation with CATS.
Thank you in advance for your comments.

Heidi and Snoopy ;) from Nuremberg

katzenmatze wrote:

Hi all,

my name is Heidi, I am living in Nuremberg / Germany and I am about to move to Thailand for 1 year or more, beginning October/November this year. Well, I am a newbie here, so there will surely be a lot of questions from my side, concerning everything about this "adventure".
I will be living in Jomtien/Pattaya, everything is arranged already, so this will not be point, but, I will be coming with my cat SNOOPY (2 years) and by now, e.g., I could not find a clear statement on the question, whether, after my arrival at the airport BKK,  Snoopy will be in quarantine for some weeks.
Is there anyone who knows something about the present "law" concerning importing a cat to live there. I know all about the paperwork to do in advance before travelling, but I do not know anything about the quarantine regulation with CATS.
Thank you in advance for your comments.

Heidi and Snoopy ;) from Nuremberg

Welcome to EB
I suggest you look for an agent who handles pet movements and ask them about the move to Thailand. Also check with vets.

Hi,
thanks for your message, but I couldnt find the German flag...Did I do somerthing wrong? Pls advise. Thank you in advance.
Heidi

Hello! I am a retired facotry operation manager and have been living in Bangkok Thailand for more than 10 years.  I love this country and am enjoy my life in Bangkok.

Hi
I am Smita, a Chartered Accountant and was working with KPMG (India). I am now married and settled in Bangkok and currently looking for a job opportunity.

Hi my name is Alice and I just moved from Germany to Bangkok. I would love to make some friends here to spend time with sightseeing, go for a drink or shopping and anything else, maybe also people from Germany. I live close to the BTS Thong lo.

This is not my first time in Thailand, so I know the city a little bit :-)

Hi Alice,
my name is Heidi and I just joined the Expat.com some days ago. Presently I live in Germany, but I will be moving to Pattaya in October this year. Would be nice to hear from you. All the best from Nuremberg,
Heidi

Hi Heidi,

i will be back in germany in october :-(

Hi, Alice

I live in Thailand. I'm planning to move to Ashgabat

Hi all,

Iam swathi from India,I have just moved to bangkok.

Hi Everyone,

I am a Malaysian, male and have been living in Bangkok since Dec 2013

I worked in a bank in Malaysia for 30 years and ended my working career there.

Due to my Parkinson's Disease, my ex-employers decided that i was too much of a financial burden to sustain and retain and hence i was offered a mutual separation scheme offer which i took up and subsequently relocated to Bangkok. I love the food, the beaches, the malls and the relatively affordable standard of living.

Retirement has been good but am in the process of considering returning to some part time employment.

Wishing everyone Hello and best wishes.

George

Hey!!!

Im a Thai Canadian! Born in Bangkok, Thailand and moved to Vancouver Canada when I was 1 years old. My family opened a new resort in Kamala Beach, Phuket, so I've been back since January helping out. I travelled lots, met some really cool people and my new employer from Bahrain. Planning on moving to Manama, Bahrain on the 10th of June but I'm sure I'll be back soon ;)

Anyone has any question about Thailand feel free to ask and I will do my best to help!

Be safe and have fun out there!!

Hi everyone,

I've been living in Thailand for 3 years. Nearly 1,5 years in Phuket and more in Samui, where I stay now. Would be glad to know expats who have also been living here for a few years.

Hi I'm new here and loving thailand,
I hope to meet new friends here in chiang Dao

Hello everyone!
My name is Grace. I'm Thai, born and raised here =]] I don't have plan to move anywhere yet but I love to learn about different cultures. Thank for letting me join!

Hello all. My name is minghui and i am from singapore. I work as a purchaser in singapore in the life science industry and by the way i am 35 this year. I like bkk a lot and would visit there 2-3 times a year. I am looking for like minded friends in singapore to go to land of smile together. Also want to know new thai friends residing in bkk or other provinces. I have been there more than 10 over times already, My long term plan is probably setting up a small business in bkk and residing in the country. That's not going to be easy as there are many uncertainty. Afterall i am a singaporean unless i can really get a trusted thai partner to do the business with me. But that my future plan. Feel free to give me a reply or drop me an email at [email protected] or add me at skype//Ming Hui79 or line// Minghui1979

Cheers and chok dee to all.

Hello everyone!!

My name is Anna. I'm an Australian born Chinese currently working here in Bangkok, Thailand. I've been here for over a month now and would like to get out more.

Would love to go to comic con Bangkok (yea I'm a bit of a geek) in July so if anyone else is interested and in the Bangkok area let's meet up for some pad Thai and mango smoothie :)

Anna

[Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory]

Closed