Bank accounts

I have had a bank account with the bank of Valletta now for over 20 years but I have not used it for at least 15 of those years, does anyone know how long an inactive account is kept open by the banks.
I am coming over to Malta this Saturday for a long stay and would like to use my Valletta account if possible.

Are there any expat meetings going on  in the Sliema area next week that I my be able to come along to.
Graham

I was in similar circumstances. I moved here permanently two years ago but had a Bank of Valletta account that I had opened in the 80s and then not used from the early 1990s to 2012. There was a small amount of money in it, approximately €50. I had no problem in using the account again.

Hi Graham,

there is an ExpatBlog regular meet-up thread!

That gives you all the info on our weekly meetings in St. Julians.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky thanks for your reply but I am a little confused, will you be meeting at Bianco;s on  Wednesday 26th or is it going to be somewhere else as I thought that you have had to cancel the last 3 meetings at Bianco;s due to functions being on at this venue
Sorry to sound so thick.
Graham

My BOV account had no money in it and as closed after 3 years.

Hi Graham,

we will be meeting at Bianco's on the 26 th. We met there yesterday and it was fine. Any change would be posted here on the forum.

Cheers
Ricky

HI
How many days it takes to open a bank account in BOV
thanks

LOVENA83 wrote:

HI
How many days it takes to open a bank account in BOV
thanks

You are asking on a topic from 2014!

yes bcoz i am here in now, dont know the trend in 2014 sorry

Perhaps you should try starting a new thread or better still use the search boxes at the top and see the answers from the many people who have asked the question in the last few months.

Ray

Ok noted thanks