New members of the USA forum, introduce yourself here

HI not a lot of north african just a few 'cause lot of them are in France and England.

Hi ,

I've recently moved to NYC for husbands job. We are both mid 20's so would love to meet other expats to enjoy the city with.

Hi,
I'd love to meet also some expat so if you want give your mail I'm not yet in USA i'll come back soon.

Aziza

Hello there,
im new here my name is Prisca im 23 yrs old.live in Tanzania my dream is to move to USA for a job and also studing im gud with IT, teaching children,business planing i need a sponsor  to support me with this thank you thank all!

Hi everyone my name is Tim
I live in Ohio. I am a business owner who is looking to expand by busness global starting  with Poland. Looking for partners to join my business and help with the language Barrier. Thanks

I am new to this page as well. I am trying to figure it out as well

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for your introduction.

If you have any particular questions, please start a new topic on the USA forum for more visibility. We also have different sections where you can post your adverts. You might have a look at the USA forum code of conduct. ;)

Thank you.
Christine

Thanks for the information that will help me a lot
Tim

Does anyone know of a web page that I can learn polish?
Tim

HI All.
I am TuyetNham, I am 35 years old, I am still single and living in district 7 hochiminh city VietNam,
I am production manager working for Albetta International(VietNam).
I would be have friends to teach me more English lesson so i can good communication with everybody.
I don't have a dream to move USA to live but i have a dream have lot of American will move to my country residence.
Happy to see you.

Thanks.
Tuyet Nham

tuyetnham welcome to the forum. We look forward to your contributions

Bob K

hey yall,    :D   i was born and raised in France but in 1998 i had an opportunity to move to new york and study fine arts, so i did. Fast forward to 2006, still in new york, i'm now married to a foreign journalist i met in nyc, he flips some fuse and throws me out on the street in the winter (yes with snow), i crash at the ymca, totally confused and traumatized,   :(   But 2 years later i'm doing much better, my life is good again. Then my half brother visits me from france, pressures me to visit the family back home, promises he'll pay my ticket back when summer vaccation's over.

Long story short: he never does, i get stuck here, i lose my stuff at the storage in nyc, i slide into a struggle to survive, my life turns to total crap. Now in 2014 i'm making a bold move to try and go back to new york after all this time, no idea where to start, a bit sad over the past but hopeful i'll make some friend somehow who will be the right friend to help me back up   :)   God bless those who know Him on here.

I'm in South Africa looking for a maid from philipine or mauritius

Thanks Bob.
I did not know how about American's life but really it is paradise of people on my country.
could you tell me more about that? in fact what do you know about VietNam? if you like i can introduction to you .

Thanks. TuyetNham

Feel free to ask lots of questions about living here.  As to Vietnam it as a place I would like to visit in the near future. I spent most of my youth avoiding "visiting" but now would like to learn about the country.

Bob K

Countdown since ever ... this is how it feels for us. It was june, when the business intent came up to develop relationships and business in the san francisco bay area. Now with the end of year ahead, we should be moving within the next 10 weeks from hamburg, germany to somewhere between palo alto and san fransisco. However, we are still in the middle of business visa admin. Meanwhile our kids are checking status only every now and  then since the moving still doesn't feel real. With tremendous interest I am scanning the web to think ahead and allow for the best preparation of our moving possible. However, it is not just me this time going global, it is my family. How will it all go for them? ... with friends, with school, with language?? I am happy to share family expat experiences with somebody out there ... ! Best greetings so far ...

Thank you for the welcome.
My have a very strong interest NGOs working with children without a voice and at risk youth, and homeless and abused women . I am seeking employment in any  these fields,  I am willing to relocate to Jamaica, or any of the Caribbean Islands, the UK, India, the Netherlands and . I do not speak another language, so that limit some of the other areas that interest me.

Thank you for the welcome, i have been working in Uganda and my bosses didn't give me the best services at all, i want to work in USA in an NGO working on refugees, women, education or health .I want to come and be employed in USA

I wish you much success with your New York plans, I had great times there and even though things are constantly changing, I still think that NY is one city where you can find the best opportunities. For jobs I generally use Employment Agencies. Once you have established a good rapport with an agency, you are generally in a good place where work is concerned. I have used the same agency for over twenty years. For living conditions, be prepared to keep an open mind, rent is very expensive and good roommates are hard to find. Don't be afraid to questions. Be on your guard at all times,like all big cities, living in NY can be a challenge.

Good luck.

hi bob.
what did you like to known vietnam before? my place live not have snow, cold,.. only have sun rise and very hot, but lot of beach near city as muine bay, vungtau beach, nhatrang vinpear land, its really very beautiful. if have chance pls over come to travel.

thanks

Would like to take a trip to the far east and Asia in the next few years. It is an area of the world I have never been to.

We to live in place of hot temps, warm ocean and beautiful beaches (Dominican Republic)  Left the snow of Colorado 9 years ago.

Bob K

Hi. I moved to Minneapolis a few months ago and would love to make new friends here.

Hello, I'm Huda.
I am considering to move there for a longe period of time.. I would need a job though, so i was wondering if any of you have any good ideas or want to share your experiences with me?
What are the oppotunities for foreigners there? Unfortunately, my budget is not so high and i cant go there for study, so i am a bit concerned if i at all would be able to make it there!

dodoo welcome.
What kind of work are  you currently doing?
What kind of work are  you trained for?
What kind of work do you want to do?
What part of the US do you want to settle in?

Having answers for all of these questions and more will help you in your search.  A blanket statement of I want a job does not give much information.

Bob K

Hi Bob, thanks for your reply. I have a degree in mechanical engineering! but i can work in anything! And i dont mind anywhere! I will take in account all your advices and thanks for your help! :) Best wishes for you.

You are welcome and good luck

Bob K

Thaerever

The title of this thread on the USA forum is "New members of the USA forum introduce yourself"

"Hey all" tell us nothing and is meaningless. 

If you are going to post on this tread then introduce yourself !

Bob K

Hi, I'm Victoria, I'm currently still in the UK but moving to Miami in January, my husband will be working long hours and I'm interested in finding some people to chat with and listen to their stories, and if anyone from Miami is on the forum possibly meeting some new friends along the way.  :top:

Victoria welcome to the forum.  I am sure you will get a good number of responses from this post in the Miami forum. There are lots of good folks with good information here.

I know you will like the weather a lot better.

Bob K

Hallo members...I m so happy to meet you here, I m by the names of Wamaani Patrick ,i m a male by sex.  I was born in East Africa Kampala Uganda in 1986/feb/28.i m living a single life in my city kampala since i lost my dad when i was still a lil kid of 6 months and mom too just lastmonth, i just gotten a job after my studies working as sales representative at wines of the world company kampala uganda. but i have alot of dreams moving to live and work abroad more especially USA. my contacts are +256781843630   or    +256704829214. i wanna work any kind of job in the states as long as i m getting money for a living, i truely need your help to let my dream come true...thanks all for your attention on reading my proposal, wish you all the best jah bless you...

thank you alot mr.Bob k

Good luck and please do not post personal information (phone, email) on a public board.

Bob K

victoria7780 wrote:

Hi, I'm Victoria, I'm currently still in the UK but moving to Miami in January, my husband will be working long hours and I'm interested in finding some people to chat with and listen to their stories, and if anyone from Miami is on the forum possibly meeting some new friends along the way.  :top:

Hi Victoria. I suggest that you create your own thread in the USA forum. You'll get more answers to your questions. A popular way for expats to meet people around the same interests or background is meetup.com. Depending on your husband's visa, you'll be able to get an employment authorization (EAD) to work or volunteer your time.

Actually she already has this post in the Miami forum

Bob K

Bob K wrote:

Actually she already has this post in the Miami forum

Bob K

It looks to me that she only posted once so far in this general thread, but maybe I missed something. :)

It was posted at the same time in the Miami thread under "introduce your self'

Bob K

Hello all
I'm from Motocco and I have been in US for 4 years. I live in Boston. My husband works and I stay home. I would like to meet some girls  from any country for friendship in Boston to go shopping with or for a coffee. I really feel bored. I dont have friends. I go to school 3times a week but I still feel lonely. Thank you

School is a great place to make friends. 

Bob K

Bob K wrote:

School is a great place to make friends. 

Bob K

I don't think School is a great place to make friends. In my class nobody talk to each others. when the class finishes, all people go home without talking.

The students are younger than me, maybe that's why they don't talk to me.

Closed