What area of Bergen?

Hi folks,

I will be moving to Bergen later this year with my family. I'm looking for some advice as to where to look for a house.

My office is around the Sandsli area I'm sure. The key things are being close to a good nursery and travel links for easy access to work and shops. It would help if we were close to countryside activities and a good view would be a bonus! I'm not asking much I know!

If anyone lives or can suggest a good area for a young family to settle it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

It's not an easy one to answer really, but there aren't really many terrible areas. Sandsli will soon be on the new "Bybane" route, which is a kind of tram service and it means it'll be easy to get to from a lot of places. It's also pretty easy to get out of the city from most areas and good views are pretty common.

You should probably avoid Sotra ore Askøy, because you'd have traffic nightmares getting to work, but otherwise even outlying areas like Åsane wouldn't be too bad, as you'd just need to get into the city and then get on the bybane. Have a look at property (eiendom) on finn.no for a few ideas.

Ben