To Norwegian people, please help!

hi. I am a student from Poland and I'm preparing some project dealing with Spanish language in Norway and el Instituto Cervantes, attitude of Norwegian people to Spanish language etc. That's why I'd be grateful if you could answer some questions that could be useful in my project.
1. Do you know el Instituto Cervantes?
2. Do you know Spanish?
3. Would you like to learn Spanish. Why/why not?
4. Do you need Spanish at your work/school?
5. If you learn Spanish, where do you learn it?
Thanks a lot Maybe you can send it to your friends. Thanks for help.

Hello,

I'm not sure that are many/any Norwegians on this forum. It is mainly expats or would-be expats.

David

well and could I ask you to send those questions to your Norwegian friends? :)
and btw maybe you know the general attitude of Norwegians to learn languages (Spanish), are they willing to learn it or not much? maybe u know some Spanish languages in Norway :)
thanks, regards

I'm Norwegian.

To get more info on this, I suggest you call the University in Oslo and ask. They have a Spanish section as far as I know, so I'm sure they can tell you more on this. I personally know a few Norwegian people speaking Spanish. They learned it while living in Spanish speaking countries.

Remember, there are many Norwegians living in Spain.

Ok thanks for advice. and You as a Norwegian citizen could you answer those questions? Thank you :)

I could, but I'm not in your target group. I live in Egypt, but never learned the language. As I never learned Polish when I lived in Poland :)

To put it short: I have no language skills :)

Hello,

I'm originally from Norway, so I can give you some short answers, even though it might be a bit too late?

1. Do you know el Instituto Cervantes?
No, I'm afraid I've never heard of this, but from what I understand, it's a type of school?

2. Do you know Spanish?
Nope.

3. Would you like to learn Spanish. Why/why not?
I myself don't really have the passion for it as it is a very difficult language to learn. Spanish is a much more difficult language to learn than many other languages for us Norwegians. German, for example, have words similar to our own. However, quite a few Norwegians decide to learn Spanish at school -

4. Do you need Spanish at your work/school?
We don't need Spanish at work nor school, but we can choose to learn it at Elementary School (ungdomskolen). We usually have a selection of languages we can choose to learn (with an exception of learning English, which is mandatory from a very young age). Those languages vary depending on school, but usually it's German, French, Spanish and sometimes Italian.

5. If you learn Spanish, where do you learn it?
At school!

o great, thank you very much :)
regards