Question about norway admission requirements for international student

I understand that one of the requirements is a highschool diploma for international students. But would a GED without diploma work as well?

from the USA

Hi! It depends. Are you going to be here for a student visa? and what type of student visa? You may check out this link for information about student permit:  udi.no/en/want-to-apply/studies/studietillatelse/?c=usa#link-4266

I wanted to apply for a student visa to attend  for a bachelors degree

According to nokut.no/Documents/NOKUT/Artikkelbibliotek/Utenlandsk_utdanning/GSUlista/2015/GSU_list_English_120315.pdf

I need "High School Graduation Diploma + 1 year university / college studies in academic subjects OR High School Graduation Diploma and 3 Advanced Placement Tests with at
least grade 3"

im wondering if I can use a GED in place of the diploma

I see, I'm not really quite familiar when it comes to that but I suppose you could since it is an equivalent credential. But I think you need to identify first which course or studies you will be taking so that you will know how much points or years or credits(I don't really know the term here) it requires for you to proceed taking it up. My case is different coz I have already earned my bachelor's degree in the Philippines  and I applied for recognition from NOKUT  (they are the ones who assess and evaluate the educational attainment you had from your country and align it in the Norwegian education system) and fortunately they recognized that my status is a college graduate here.

In your case, you may check this site and may you find it helpful. samordnaopptak.no/info/english/