Visa for my American girlfriend

Hi everyone, my girlfriend and I planning to meet in Bahrain. I am Saudi and I live in Khobar. She is in Texas and her flight to Manama is on this (Jan 11th), and I know she could get a 14-days visa upon arrival. BUT, I am afraid that they may ask her for a round-ticket or whatnot before leaving the US, is that true??
Do you know any way to get her a visa ? any way? please

Is she staying for good in Bahrain or just visiting? Need more information.

Either way she will be asked for her return ticket or follow on ticket. I used the excuse that I was meeting my husband and then we were flying somewhere for a vacation but I didn't know where.

When I filled in my disembarkation card for customs I had the details of a friends return flight and used them (Bahrain customs don't check that you are actually booked to be on that flight)

If she intends to stay longer she can extend her visit visa for another 2 weeks at the immigration office but after another 2 weeks she will have to fly out and back in again and that carries on in a big circle.

She can only get a visa (residential) to live in Bahrain if she is sponsored by her husband or her employer

She will also have to give an address on her disembarkation card as to where she will be staying.

Thank you for answering, and  we're planning that she will stay for about a year or two then we're getting married and moving to Saudi. I really didn't know its this complicated for the Bahrian visa. The whole idea behind this was when we knew its too hard for her to move directly here in Saudi, so we chose Bahrain as alternative place until I get everything here ready.
Now, will she be asked for the return ticket at the US side or Bahrian side? and did you give them an actual return flight? like with booking number and date? and by doing this how long she could be staying?
Someone suggested that I get her a family or relative visit but I don't know anybody there and if i could, I'm not sure how long would that allow her to stay.
We already bought the ticket and we only have 20 days and I am working on finding us a good house there but now this visa issue makes everything complicated.

On the disembarkation card she onky needs to give date and flight number.  She will be asked in US for her return flight details.

It is very hard to get a visa in Bahrain

Check this website.  http://www.evisa.gov.bh/

She should be able to get a multi entry exit visa (I am assuming she is a US citizen).  We have  one - basically you have to leave Bahrain every 28 days which is a pain but certainly with a UK passport you can get 3x 28 day extensions at the passport office before you have to leave and return. 

Josnuggles has the details of a visa guy who may be able to advise you the best way forward.  Good luck.