Residency visa related questions

Hi, I have two questions related to residency visa application. First is about police background check. I understand that it's needed for the adults, but what about for young kids who are still in school? Second is about document validity period. I understand the police certificate must be dated within 180 days. Is there a similar requirement for marriage certificate? Thanks for any input you can give.

RE: Police report have heard a number of different date ranges 30-60. As recent as possible is best

I will send you a 1 sheet copy of data to your individual e mail that tells you exactly what you'll need for paperwork, Iit also tells you what what American or Ecuadorial agency signees are required.It is straightforward and non confusing and you can ask any questions you may have when working on it.
In short every document that is required must have 1 or 2 and maybe both US & Ecuadorian agency seals shown with responsible agency signatures for either exemplification or apostille documents.
I need to side bar this to make a significant correction here, you have 90 days initially on your Visa with the option to pay for another 90 day extension. That will give you the 180 day window of stay.

I significant point here is that all the documents you'll need to acquire are all back in your respective countries and your individual states or counties. My point is that you only come here with all the documents I list with the required agency seal and signatures. I assure you or anyone else reading this, you will not get the documents you'll need in time if you attempt to get it done from Ecuador. You are guaranteeing yourself st least 1 ride back home and possibly another as well to correct another minor flaw that's found. SO!! GET IT DONE ON TIME IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY before coming to Ecuador to submit your documents to the ECUADORIAN agency's for your Visa and Cedulla's.

Look if you have an e mail in your profile look for the doc sheet there.
Adios

timo31750, can I have one too?

Pretty please. :)

I'm sure you are going to get numerous requests, but we are planning on moving in March and I would also love a copy to make sure there isn't something we're missing!  Thanks.

suefrankdahl wrote:

RE: Police report have heard a number of different date ranges 30-60. As recent as possible is best

Hi suefrankdahl, the Ministry's website says 180 days, so I'm really confused why people are saying 90 or even fewer days. The Ministry's website made no mention of marriage certificates let alone a valid period. I've done it anyway (better overprepare), but it's over 90 days now (am waiting for other documents and can't apply yet). So is it really true marriage certificates must be dated within 90 days? I actually heard marriage or birth certificates are no longer needed for the visa application. Utter confusion...

Please see Tim's post above. He has most consistent and reliable info.

Please send to me, too. Sue

Hi Timo, did you see my PM?

Timo sent you PM with my email address. Did you get it?

footsoldier wrote:
suefrankdahl wrote:

Hi suefrankdahl, the Ministry's website says 180 days, so I'm really confused why people are saying 90 or even fewer days. The Ministry's website made no mention of marriage certificates let alone a valid period. I've done it anyway (better overprepare), but it's over 90 days now (am waiting for other documents and can't apply yet). So is it really true marriage certificates must be dated within 90 days? I actually heard marriage or birth certificates are no longer needed for the visa application. Utter confusion...

I've found that the worst place to get information from is the web sites published by Ecuadorian governmental agencies. They are full of outdated and bad information. I've also had pretty bad luck with the printed information that is handed out at the various government offices. The only thing to do, in my opinion, is to ask several different people, and when inconsistencies occur, point them out and ask them to double check.

Hi,
Would you please send me the same copy regarding visa paperwork.
Thank you!
Michael

Pain in the rear. OK my e mail is [email protected]
send me a reply and I'll attach the file back to you ending the saga

Best Tim

OK, I'm losing it,
one time only please all who need the visa material which I mentioned in an earlier comment. Send me an email that has in the subject area or topic your request for the Visa Material. This way I'll recognize it and will open it and attach the doc in a file and return your mail with the Visa data.
Whew, I could not believe how inundated with requests so please jump on this and I'll do likewise with the return material.

Here it is [email protected]

Request for Visa information. [email protected]

Timo31750
I could not have said it all so perfect bravo right on did you all get that perfffecto I agree bring it all and make sure it is perfect and he or she made it simple and to the point.
If you have any direct question speak up but that covers it all I think...it is up to you not to come unless you want problems double double double check your paper work.