Is it nice to live in Male?

I got a job which require me to relocate to male in mid december and I am still considering to take it or not.

I have heard of some violent crimes happened in Male, wondering how bad the situation is in Male now? Mostly I have concern about safety for single woman, and also the quality of life.
Anyone has opinion??
Thanks

Natalie

Hii

ya male is a good place to live.Dont go outside at night alone. It may be risky.

Hello nsl!

Safety wise, as a woman, I never felt threatened when I go to Male.
However, common sense is useful, as it is in every place. (ex: to not go in a park at night.)
Even in my own country there are places I wouldn't go alone or at night.
I see you are from China, I assume you have also some places not safe over there, as every country has.

As a foreigner you are going to attract attention anyway. Eventually, dress in a humble way, cover your shoulders and knees and tada! much less attention already :-)

I personally don't like Male for other reasons than safety: it's crowded, noisy and a expensive place to live in :-)

Hi

Thanks for the advise and I will bear that in mind, however, its gonna be unavoidable for me to be outside at night alone sometimes due to work (shift work). its not the first time i hear that male is crowded and noisy, but i think it should be okay for me.
Thank you guys.

Natalie

Currently there's no violence. Yes there was numerous strikes on the road calling for early election. Now it's totally safe.

If you need further assistance please dont hesitate to PM me.

Regards

Shifau