Sosua to La Romana Bus transportation help needed. Needed.

Hi all.  I need clear and specific info on using the bus service from Sosua to La Romana, specifically Casa de Campo.  I would need bus company names, aproximate travel time between these points, prices, and exact points of embarking and disembarking.

I have done some research of my own, but help me fill in the blanks.  From Sosua I was told to take the Caribe Tours bus to Santo Domingo.  From there find my way to Parque Enriquillo and catch a bus with a company named Expreso.  I do not know if this is the name of the company or if as in the U.S. They are telling me to catch any express bus to La Romana.  I was told the bus would leave me at the central Park in La Romana, and from there I could catch a Cab to Casa de Campo for about $25.00 U.S.   How accurate is this?

I still need to know, how far is Parque Enriquillo from where Caribe Tours bus will leave me in Santo Domingo, and how many hours is the trip from Sosua to Santo Domingo, and from Santo Domingo to La Romana.

I also need to know where exactly in La Romana will the bus Leave me, and how far will I be from Casa de Campo? What is the cab cost from the La Romana Bus Stop to Casa de Campo?

Lastly which of these bus services should I use to complete my trip and in which city. Thanks

Caribe Tours (Av. 27 de Febrero at Leopoldo Navarro, Ensanches Miraflores, Santo Domingo. 809/221-4422. www.caribetours.com.do.)

Espreso Bavaro (Plaza Los Girasoles, Av. Maximo Gomez at Juan Sanchez Ruiz, Santo Domingo. 809/682-9670.)

Express Bus (809/556-4192 or 809/550-4585.)

Metro Buses (809/227–0101 in Santo Domingo; 809/586–6062 in Puerto Plata; 809/587–4711 in Santiago.)

Ok,  from Sosua you can only take Caribe Tours,, you catch this bus just west of Sosua on the highway.  Duration is 4 hours 35 minutes - more or less.

Taxi from Caribe Tours terminal to Parque Enriquillo is 180 RD to 200RD and is about 15 minutes (depending on time of day and traffic). Just tell the taxi you want the bus to La Romana.

Express Bus - about 1 hour 20 minutes (hard to say due to some highway construction. I am guessing about 200 to 250 RD.

Taxi from la Romana to Casa de Campo is about 15-20 minutes or so,  can't say what it costs, sorry.

Wow! Planner you are the best! Now can I take any express bus to La Romana? Any reccomendations on a company? And do know you where is the final stop in La Romana.  I have read parque central in La Romana? I have also read about a Company called Siochem, any info on them? Expresso Bavaro contacted me and said they do not stop in La Romana :-/

Its easy, when you get to parque enrequillo  just ask the taxi to show you where the bus to La Romana is,  they all stop in the same general area.  They go on a regular schedule. It is not a bus like  Caribe Tours, but a smaller one, about 20 or 25 passengers. 

Yes with the new highway construction the Expresso Bavaro probably doesn't stop in La Romana now. no worries, use the other company.

And from La Romana,  central park is an easy location to get a taxi. Someone else will  have to tell us how much for a taxi,  I have no idea.

Never heard of Siochem........

Thanks planner you have helped fill in many blanks, will keep doing my research :-)

Is there any way of including photos in a post? Wanted to post a route map photo. Thanks.

It may be easier, certainly a bit faster and nicer buses if you take the Metro bus from Sosua (Texaco station). However does not run as often

Bob K

Hey good to know Bob that the Metro goes from Sosua!!! It didn't before.  Metro is a much more comfortable trip,  bit longer taxi from Santo Domingo to the Parque Enriquillo but worth it. 

Sorry no photos available. It really is not a big deal to do this trip.  In fact if you are coming and have time we can have a coffee in Santo Domingo before you carry on to the next stage. I can have my taxi driver take you to the Express bus.

I will keep that offer in mind planner.  The wedding is on June 7 2014, so if you are available and time permits it, that would be cool :-) and Bob are you saying that the Metro Buses are much nicer than Caribe Tours? I saw their website.  I will try to call them and see what their schedule looks like.  Is the Texaco station you are referring to the one that has the small supermarket as part of the Gas station? I know there is a gas station on my way from Cabarete on the left hand side that has a small supermarket as part of the station.

No the one you are thinking of is the Costal station. The Texaco is in town at the traffic light. Right next to the Texaco (to the east) is the Metro station.  I believe the first bus out is 8:30 or so in the morning. There are only 4-5 buses each day. An yes the buses are a bit nicer.

Bob K

and the route is much nicer. Metro stops once in Santiago only.  Caribe stops twice plus once along the highway.

And all this planning for June 2014 -  LMAO - lots may change between now and then honey!!!

And the offer to meet for coffee can be used before June 2014....LOL

Thanks Bob and Planner. Will make sure I look into the Metro Bus and you are absolutely right planner, when it comes to couples getting married, things could change quickly.  I usually like to plan as far in advance as possible. I also need to book a room in advance because these spaces fill up quickly and as far as I have seen, there are not that many nice hotels near Casa de Campo.  The early bird gets the worm :-) ohhh and Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate here and abroad.

LOL too true,  but I was thinking the bus routes would change or Caribe tours would get new buses..... or you know something like that.LOL

I have a friend in Casa de Campo  - when you are looking for accommodations she can probably help you.

JaJaJa good point planner I forgot that things on the island change day to day :-) I was able to find websites for both Metro and Caribe Tours, so I guess I will have to stay on top of any service changes.  I was looking to stay at the Sailing House at CC, they have pretty affordable rates and they throw in a free 3hour sailing class with your stay.  I would appreciate any feedback from your friend regarding their accomodations.  Will probably stay for no more than a night or two at CC.