Emigrating to Canada... Need advice/opinions!

My fiance, myself and our 2 children (both under 3) are in the process of emigrating to Canada - East Sooke, BC. We should all be cleared to move by early next year. We will be following my sister who is soon moving out there with her family - being her that talked us into going for it!
We don't own our own house and rent over here in the UK which is a struggle especially with other bills etc. I am a qualified chef and once in Canada would be working full time whilst my partner would be doing as many part time hours based around childcare. As it draws ever closer the 'second thoughts' are coming in and i'm worried - Although my sister has offered us a place to stay until we find our feet are we going to be able to support our family and give our children the life we no we can't offer them here in England or should we give up on this dream and play it safe and struggle along here in England??
Thanks

I think you should go for it. What's the risk? You don't have a house to sell, so you won't lose more than the moving costs if you decide to move back to UK again. It's going to be easy for you to find a job, and there is no shortage of extra jobs in Canada. It's expensive to live in Vancouver, but I don't know about the other parts of BC. It can't be that different from here in Europe though.
Don't forget the most important part of moving - the adventure!

I used to live in East Sooke. It's pretty out there in terms of proximity to work but it is beautiful as long as you are ok with a bit of a commute. The weather will probably feel much the same as England so I don't need to warn you about the rain. The nearby parks are amazing.

Everything will probably be either the same or cheaper in terms of the cost of living so as long as you don't end up unemployed it should be pretty good for you financially. As for chef jobs, there are a lot of restaurants per capita in the area with so many Canadians retiring on the island and the tourist trade there. Eating out in Canada is not as pricy as it in England and people tend to do it a lot more so that makes for a fairly good market for restaurants.

Victoria has a HUGE expat community from the UK and you will probably have no trouble finding comfort foods when you're homesick from a bottle of salad cream to a box of wine gums. You'll also find lots of London based magazines and even newspapers at some of the book stores.

In short: DO IT!

[Moderated]