Where to sell dental gold

Does anybody know where I can sell some dental gold.  It's just some gold from two gold fillings I had done in S.Korea.  My dentist did some work recently that required replacing them and she said nowadays people are not using gold anymore so...she took'em out and gave'em to me.

I'd like to see what I can get for them.

Regards,
Art

I sold a replaced bridge to a US jeweler for about $70 when gold was $1700 ounce

Dental gold can range from 10K to 20K so the value can range drastically. Pawn shops will take it but not pay very much. You need to figure out the K in order to not get ripped off. If you know where you got the filling, may be able to determine the requirements at the time.

I sold it today for 1100 pesos.  I have no idea how much it was in grams...it was just two teeth's worth.  So...at least I got a few pizzas out of it.

Art

wanderingsalsero wrote:

I sold it today for 1100 pesos.  I have no idea how much it was in grams...it was just two teeth's worth.  So...at least I got a few pizzas out of it.

Art

I think you sold it a little cheap. The 2 teeth were probably at least 1.5 to 2 grams troy weight which would make the gold worth after 15% commission about $48 to $65.

Anyway, not doing you any good outside your mouth. A pizza is always good.