Appliances

I need to buy some appliances for my future daughter in law when I visit Angeles city.  Where is the best place for good prices.  How much should a small refridgerator and microwave cost?

Hi,
Try SM Appliances, they have a wide range of selection, the prices ranges from $200 for the ref (small) and the microwave is around $75.

Also remember to check the voltage, make sure its 220.  Might want to ask her about reliability of electricity, brown outs, power surges, etc. May need a regulator.

Some homes have both 110 and 220.

hope this helps
www.abenson.com.ph

happy shopping! :)

There are lots of places to buy appliances.  Almost all malls have an appliance store, and mall security are helpful at giving you directions on getting there.  Prices depend on size, brand, energy efficiency, etc.  How much is your budget? 

I bought a small GE brand refrigerator for my office last December 2010, and it cost around PhP11,000 (approx US$250). Bigger, higher end, branded refrigerators can sell for as much as PhP70k (approx US$1,600). Very important: if you cannot speak Tagalog or other local Philippine language, bring someone who can along with you.

Most appliances available at chain stores eg. Abenson, SM appliances, Ansons etc have a suggested retail price set by the manufacturer so it better to ask around on who can give the best deal.  Have them compete for your business and you will be surprised that some will lower the price significantly although it may require a bluff that one store offered it at this price and ask if they can offer lower etc.  Other smaller chains don't follow SRP and offer the items already at a lower price.   The prices of appliances despite what most believe is actually negotiable.