Need information about visiting Morocco

Hello all, :)
I am currently in an online relationship with a Moroccan.  He would really like me to come and visit, but I am nervous because of all the horror stories I hear.  Can anyone give me their experiences (good or bad) so I can make a better decision about visiting him? 
I am mostly nervous about being a single American woman far from home.  I speak German, but no Arabic or French. :/ I would like to know it is safe and enjoyable to visit Morocco.
It's still early in our relationship, but so far I trust him and would really like to explore the possibility of spending my life with him....please help! ;)

A piece of advice, Schretel, if you don't mind. I am Canadian and not an expat. Make as if you are going to visit any country in the world, you will be gathering information from the internet, now regarding the guy, if he speaks the same language as you do then it's worthwhile to go for a visit and know the guy better. It's a question of judgment. Most of the time, those people are more concerned about the green card or citizenship and it ends up in a marriage of convenience. I am not trying to scare you but I am blunt rather than being polite. Who in this world is going to tell you that his country or people is in a mess? Go and find out for yourself. We all have got different views and tastes. It's very beneficial to learn from the experience of others but when it comes to acting, you have to use your judgment. Don't get me wrong here.

hi come for a visit have fun   do not marry unless you are positive about him make sure he has his own money and job love does not conquer all