Where to live

hey

m planning to move to bahrain in the next couple of weeks .

can you please suggest me some suitable area around sharaf dg stores as i'll be working with them.

thanks in advance:)

Hi and welcome

You will love Bahrain

Which Saraf DG will you be working at - Seef or A'ali?

All Sharaf DG branches are located in Seef if I'm not wrong.

@josnuggles -thanks
M not sure about the store as of now..if i am not wrong sharaf dg has 3 stores in bahrain one in bahrain city center,one in ramli mall and m not sure about the third mall

@brightonguy-no all the stores r not located in seef.. The places where the store is located are safe??

Yes they are don't worry.

Can't believe you don't know the DG stores Brightonguy.  A'Ali area close to Ramli Mall has fires and trouble virtually every night and I certainly wouldn't recommend you living near there. A'Ali isn't too far from Seef anyway so you could live in Seef, or Saar which is close to both.

... Ahem ... let the man from Riffa also speak ...

Yes, there indeed are 3 stores in Bahrain. One on Seef (in the City Centre Mall), the other in A'ali (in Ramli Mall). The third Sharaf DG is in Al Enmaa Mall in Riffa :)

To answer Syed's question - in addition to what Josnuggles has said, if you are in the Riffa store, live somewhere in Riffa or Hajiyat. Both these areas are very safe and close to the store in Enmaa Mall.

Thanx a lot josnuggles and farhaz for your valuable information

Do u mean to say that the area around ramli mall is not safe?? If i'll leave my store in the evening will i be able to get transport...and would it be safe to travel in the evening from ramli mall??

Yes you can leave there in the evenings quite easily - your transport can meet you in the carpark there. You may get stuck in traffic waiting for the roads to be cleared though.

I'm not saying it's UNsafe to live there, I'm just saying I wouldn't advise it due to the traffic and the hassle. It's the main roads to the Mall that are set alight not the Mall itself.

I would ask your future employer which branch you will be working from or will it be all 3. That way you can make a decision more easily.

Riffa is lovely but if you have to work at the other 2 Malls aswell it could be a bit of a Journey to get to work

thanx a lot josnuggles!!!

Hi everybody,

My husband will work in the Gulf Hotel and my children will be in the French school (Lycee Français) in Muharreq.

What could be the suitable area to live in ?

Thanks in advance.

Naourez

Adliya and Juffair are very close to where your husband works. The French School is also not far from it.

Thank you very much :)

You are welcome. You can check www.bahrainpropertyworld.com if you need any idea for properties based in Bahrain. I wouldn't recommend working with an agent as you have more bargaining power if you walk into any building and ask at the reception to see if there is any available flats in your chosen building. Let us know how you get on.

Adliya and Juffair are very expensive though and not really suitable for a family with all the people coming over from Saudi to party. Try to live on the outskirts if you can rather than in the centre of either (away from the clubs & bars)

Hi! we are moving to bahrain in february. Is Saar a safe area for living? My hubby would go over the bridge to saudi for work everyday, so we prefer sth close to it. I have been looking for villas at 500 a month- is this too cheap for a decent place as i saw that were 1000 and so.

Saar is very close to the Causeway, so it's very convenient for that purpose. Most of Saar is safe but you are likely to be exposed to tear gas when there are any riots going on. There are a small number of villages in and around Saar which can be hard to get in and out of when things are not settled.

Also, a "villa" for 500BD is probably hard to find. www.bahrainpropertyworld.com is the best place to look at for number of properties from a variety of agents and individuals.

Hi everybody,

My husband felt in love with Amwaj Island :)

It's far from his work (Gulf Hotel) but near the French School.

What do you think ?

Thanks

Naourez

Amwaj Islands are only about 15 minutes away from the Gulf Hotel. Add another 5 minutes for getting from your home to Amwaj Islands entrance.

Its a nice place to live. Lots of options to choose from.

My opinion, if you like the sea and boats, canoes, jet skis, and the llke Amwaj is the place to be. Go ahead. :)

Thank you Farhaz :)

I have number of friends who live and love Amwaj. I even have a friend who lives in Amwaj and works very close to Gulf Hotel. Commuting has never been a problem for him as far as I can tell. If you found your flat, then go ahead.

hyacinth wrote:

Hi! we are moving to bahrain in february. Is Saar a safe area for living? My hubby would go over the bridge to saudi for work everyday, so we prefer sth close to it. I have been looking for villas at 500 a month- is this too cheap for a decent place as i saw that were 1000 and so.

Saar is perfectly safe to live and you only feel the tear gas if you live very close to the village. My friend lives in Janabiya (edge of Saar) and she has a lovely private 3/4 bed villa with private small pool for just a little bit more than you were budgeting for.

If you search well you will find the right place for the right amount of money.

Look carefully at the area. If the roads are burnt, the bins burnt and graffiti everywhere then don't move there or too close to it. It's a good indication that you are a bit too close to the trouble.

Josnuggles wrote:
hyacinth wrote:

Saar is perfectly safe to live and you only feel the tear gas if you live very close to the village. My friend lives in Janabiya (edge of Saar) and she has a lovely private 3/4 bed villa with private small pool for just a little bit more than you were budgeting for.

If you search well you will find the right place for the right amount of money.

Look carefully at the area. If the roads are burnt, the bins burnt and graffiti everywhere then don't move there or too close to it. It's a good indication that you are a bit too close to the trouble.

Totally agree with Josnuggles.  We live in Janabiya which is perfectly safe and we have not smelt tear gas or had any trouble getting out in the 8 months we have lived here and the Janabiyan's are lovely people if you are prepared to meet them, talk to them and treat them with respect.  For the price you are quoting you are better looking for a private villa rather than a compound as you are obviously paying for facilities.  Good luck.