Hi ...I am Jean-Pierre in South Africa

I would like to migrate to Philippines and settle there. Can anyone assist with more info about living there on long term - permanently?

philippines has over 7000 islands -anyone in particular you have in mind?

first you need to be sure about the exact city you want to live here.

Hi, I come from knysna but have been living here for more than 2 years. I work on a ship for a month then I am in Philippines for a month,

On arival in Philippines you get a 30 day visa if you have a return ticket or onward ticket to ant other country, I normally just buy a ticket to hong kong from philippines with a budget airlines fot $30 then just dont use it, before your 30 days are over you can extend your visa for I think 59 days and then you can extend it again just before it expires, that is also about $30 a time for the extension. If you get married to a filipina you can get a better visa but I am not 100% sure how that works.

What work will do you do? will you look for work here? Will you come with family or alone? Give me more info then I can help you more.

It will be better if you come down for a month or so and just tour around to see where you like and where is the best for you. give me a private message if you like to talk more about it and I will give you my email address and more info.

chris -its a lot more than 30$  for a visa extension   -more like 70-80