Quiet

Is there any place in the Philipines where one doesn't have to deal with roosters, barking dogs, and unruly kids?

Yes...... 30feet underwater... and no mosquito too. You forgot Videoke, tricycles, motorcycles, jeeps, buses with illegal (or without) mufflers, birthday parties, drunk people and so and so.The long and difficult way of adaptation.

How long have you been exposed to these?  Maybe not long enough yet.  Be patient maybe one day you will realize that you are quite immune already.

yeap.. thre is a place... Rockwell in makati.. really peaceful....

upgrade yourself to first class accommodation somewhere in Makati or in the millionaire's row. :)

you are lucky my friend. I had to listen to a funny noise every night b4 I sleep. I thought it was people who just leave a public bar and started making noise. All I could hear was a word like..........FUCKYA..FUCKYA......FUCKYA. That sound was always repeated 3 times. Eventually I was told its not human ....Its a Guiana...A large lizard. What a relief.....sigh

You mean "iguana"?

iguana. Not even sure whatit is. Thanks for correction

I live in a muslim country (UAE) and I am immune to the "Call of prayer"-five times a day through their public loudspeakers installed in all the mosques in the City.  As what Mr.Openminded said, you'll get used to it. Enjoy your stay in the Philippines.

Yes, one can get used to anything, including systematic torture. But if one can avoid particular annoyances, why not? If there's no place in the Philipines where noise and adolescent mischief is considered a nuisance, I'll look elsewhere for a place to retire. Thanks, though, for your reply.

I rent house in Consolacion, Cebu,for my gf an 2 small daughters, although still work an live in the UK till i can find job of any kind in Cebu and we listen to that noise all day an night, you get used to it and besides thats part of the Phillipines lifestyle an i for 1 love it.

you can stay in makati then..I live in makati and our community is really nice and peaceful..its like 5 mins. from rockwell so everything is just up for grabs.

Too urban. I'm looking for an undeveloped, relatively unsettled coastal area. But thanks, anyway.

Off topic

(Moderated: No free Advertising, Please)