Jeddah compounds

Can anyone help with some info on compounds  in Jeddah Saudi Arabia.We are moving and not a lot of info on the web...
Thank you

Hi Newbie girl,

Your topic has been moved to the Jeddah forum, for better views and interaction.

Can you please give us more details about the information you are looking for, this might help us to guide you in the right way. Thank you! ;)

Regards,

David.

Hello
We are looking to move into a  western compound in Jeddah as my husband will be working there and I will be with him.Was looking for some information We want a compound with good amenities ...are there waiting lists etc ..we have no children yet.

Any help on this would be greatly

Newbie girl wrote:

Can anyone help with some info on compounds  in Jeddah Saudi Arabia.We are moving and not a lot of info on the web...
Thank you

Greetings,

There are lots of information we could find in this form if we scrolled down threads or used the search engine. We could click on Jeddah Post or add the word Jeddah to the search engine to speed up our look up time.

In addition, please refer to the following link to find a list of Housing Compounds in Jeddah. It is almost a year old, but I assume most of the information remain valid. Links are provided to compounds' sites

http://www.jeddahpoint.com/housing-comp … -list.html

Reagrds,

There has been a ton on this same topic the last few weeks. Definitely look at anything amahdaq (I know I spelled wrong) says as he is the Jeddah guru. He posts to most of the housing questions.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum.]

I was looking for compounds myself today and I was really disappointed! Over rated ,Expensive and not well maintained (nearly all of them) . the only good ones are lotus, sharbatly, Arabian homes , Bellevue, rahma, and Basateen compound. As for the rest... Dirty, old, and needs tones of repair! Just horrible.. Try getting a flat, u can get a modern luxurious one for half the price

In a compound you are paying for all the other things you can never get in a flat, that's why they are expensive.  But I agree, they are too expensive, their profit margins must be too high.  I believe they can still make a good profit even if they reduced their prices by a good 20%.

Problem is, the number of compounds in limited and has stayed flat for over a couple of decades, but the during that time the demand has multiplied many-fold, so they get away with charging whatever they want. 

I wish I was a filthy rich Saudi, so that instead of making more malls, cafes, and women's beauty salons, I would make parks, libraries, children's playgrounds, and affordable residential compounds.