Leaving KSA owing money to banks - will they chase me?

HI - I have a dilemma. I am currently employed in KSA. I have a multi exit/re-entry visa. I have a loan at a Saudi bank of about 85,000 SAR and a credit card with about 12,000 SAR outstanding.

I have been offered a job in another GCC country, for significantly more salary. There is no way I can repay these debts in one lump sum in order to obtain a Final Exit Visa from KSA. Leaving aside the moral question of simply skipping the country owing money (which I obviously know is wrong), does anyone know of the practical implications? Will a Saudi bank recover the debt from my Saudi sponsor? Will the Saudi bank try to discover if I am in a GCC country and pursue me? Is there any chance, in practice, of a Saudi bank or the KSA authorities finding out if I have relocated to another GCC country?

I realize that skipping the country with bank debts will result in me being unable to ever return to KSA, but if I try and pay the monthly installments from outside the Kingdom, will this satisfy a Saudi bank or will the fact that at some point my expired Iqama will result in a frozen bank account therefore still lead to the same trouble as implied above?

Any answers would be most welcome. Of course, the morally correct solution is to turn down the job offer and simply work for another three years here until I have squared off my debts - but I'd like to know the options.

They'll definitely contact (and harass) your sponsor for the loan recovery who may furnish your passport copy that has your home address written.

One more thing, the cases of debts of big sums are sent to Interpol too. I am not sure whether your loan would fall in that category.

I dont know If this can work, But just out of box thinking, Ask one of your close friend to apply for the loan of the outstanding balance say 100,000 and repay the bank after taking it from him and pay your friend the amount over a period of time, subjected to he stays in kingdom for a considerable duration of time. This way you can save yourself from any legal hassles and have the peace of mind while working in any other GCC country.

BTW, as TLL said if given to interpol, your whole career can be jeopardized !! So its not about the moral obligation but playing safe... Good Luck :)

But question? How can you work in another GCC country when you are defaulting loan in KSA? As per discussion with someone long time ago If I remember correctly. This guy did the same and land a job in Dubai. Everything was fine until he exit Dubai for vacation his passport was withheld in Dubai due to default payment in KSA and he cant leave. He has to get his current sponsor in Dubai to fix the payment issue and deducted from his salary. Im not sure if im writing it correctly but this is what I remember. Do not mess up man. Unless you go to some other country. If you are still in GCC I guess you will land in trouble. Leave Clean thats all I can say.

There is an agreement between all GCC countries in place as of now to catch and deport such cases.