My Pick as the Winner of This Year’s Miss World Pageant

Just a few days ago a somewhat sizable group of radical FPI members from Java attempted to make their way to Bali via the ferry from Banyuwangi to Gilimanuk in order to stage demonstrations at the ongoing Miss World competition currently in progress in Nusa Dua.

Arriving in Gilimanuk they were confronted by a single female Balinese police officer who summarily ordered them to re-embark back to Banyuwangi. 

I LOVE IT! 

Balinese kharma…it's just awesome!

I hope that Balinese policewoman got a promotion for her common sense and courage.

As far as I'm concerned, she's already the winner of this year's Miss World Pageant.

I agree with you, she won over her courage to do the right thing..:)

I don't agree.As a radicalised Muslim myself, I feel for the poor FPI members who were simply trying to save the souls of the unfortunate spectators who will surely go to hell for thinking, "Wow! what nice tits".

I'm disgusted at the lady officer concerned.

Honest.

As a fully non practicing Anglican I intended to head straight to the Miss Islam contest and protest fairly and firmly that this event is held against the laws of King James and the vision of Henry VIII but then I realised I dont care and just accepted the women all like to look their best regardless of faith.

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/nig … iss-world/

lukereg wrote:

As a fully non practicing Anglican I intended to head straight to the Miss Islam contest and protest fairly and firmly that this event is held against the laws of King James and the vision of Henry VIII but then I realised I dont care and just accepted the women all like to look their best regardless of faith.

Yer, baby.
The FPI are just a bunch of morons who know they're so right, the rest of the world must be wrong.
Stuff the silly sods.

“Stuff the silly sods.”

Yes, the Balinese policewoman had similar sentiments that she shared about them…but her words were not suitable to be quoted in the newspaper.   

Hey Luke…how come no belly dancing contest at the Miss Muslim World Beauty Pageant? :(

Anyway, I think those FPI lads ought to go get themselves a few bottles of arak and go see a good performance of Dangdut Kali Merah:  (skip the ad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdiEeoYKyaA

AND…just where the hell is Sigmund Freud to anal ize all of this for us! :lol:

mas fred wrote:
lukereg wrote:

Yer, baby.
The FPI are just a bunch of morons who know they're so right, the rest of the world must be wrong.
Stuff the silly sods.

yes, they are just bunch of moron, but masfred, whether the function of the bikini? for swimming, right? or for skin's show?

Putri, I think Fred only wears his bikini in the privacy of his own home…

Ma'af Fred, I couldn't resist! :D

justputri wrote:
mas fred wrote:
lukereg wrote:

Yer, baby.
Stuff the silly sods.

yes, they are just bunch of moron, but masfred, whether the function of the bikini? for swimming, right? or for skin's show?

I'm guessing they're worn in an attempt to look sexy.
In my opinion, they fail.

For me, there's a lot of fun in undressing the guy, sorry, lady before the multi orgasmic action starts.
Shearing is an alternative.

Ubudian wrote:

And in some clubs.

"And in some clubs."

But hopefully, not during Ramadan.

Ubudian wrote:

"And in some clubs."

No alcohol - I don't want to do anything haram.

"I don't want to do anything haram."

But harem is OK...yes?

mas fred wrote:
Ubudian wrote:

"And in some clubs."

marry 7 ladies, haram or not? :P

mas fred wrote:
Ubudian wrote:

And in some clubs.

some club? i guess this club must kind of Legian club

"marry 7 ladies, haram or not?"

Haram, no, harem, yes.  ;)

One could say, a different flavor for every day of the week!
:cool:

HAHAHA!! So they actually embarked!! I thought they were just making a noise on the dock, glad they were stopped.

FPI is in no way a representative of Indonesian muslims in general. Ugh.

Those saps were lucky in a way in that the police woman didn't make them swim back to Banyuwangi. :D

“FPI is in no way a representative of Indonesian muslims in general.”

Totally agree, however, every time the government capitulates to them, it only serves to embolden them into asking more and more.  The phrase, “give them an inch and they'll demand a mile” comes into mind.

That's true. The issue runs deeper than just government... what FPI goes for are poor + not so educated citizens, who are wanting better treatment and better governance in general. With FPI using religion as their method of control, the result is idiotic as hell and truly annoying.

Thankfully, a lot of people (including of course most Muslims in general) are against them. After all, our country is based on "Bhinneka Tunggal Ika.", which means "Unity in Diversity."

Gotta go back to our roots!

Someone needs to remind those bozos of Pancasila number 1, the most important of the five principles upon which Indonesia was built.  Soekarno was quite clear…by faith in God it is meant any God, not just Allah.

justputri wrote:
mas fred wrote:
Ubudian wrote:

"And in some clubs."

marry 7 ladies, haram or not? :P

Who cares? The earache would be terrible.

Fred, in Bali, being stone deaf is just one of the prerequisites for having seven wives.

That's why women shouldn't be cops.  They're not good at taking bribes and doing a half-assed job.

"They're not good at taking bribes..."

And what do they call the oldest profession in the world? :P

Ubudian wrote:

Ummm... firestarter?

^-- and you bribe them with meat.

...umm now that doesn't sound correct...

:P

ha ha ha ha ha ha and so on

always found your funny bone refreshing, luke ;)

Ubudian wrote:

Certainly not police.  Or are you implying that police are prostitutes?

I think that's a reality show on Fox.

lukereg wrote:

ha ha ha ha ha ha and so on

For those of you learning English, it's the "and so on" that really makes this sentence.

Insomnia gave me an excuse to look through some old threads. This one reminded me I know a Miss Indonesia.

As pleasant as she is intelligent, Maria is a really interesting interlocutor.