Overseas returning Indonesian looking for friends

Hi all,

I am an Indonesian but haven't lived there half my life, but due to my husband's work we are moving to Jakarta in a month or two.
Honestly I feel lost in finding out everything about life in Jakarta now, from housing, school, etc etc. I don't have much friends left in Jakarta, most of them are overseas.

I am a mom with a 6 years old girl. Currently overseas not working, but would like to go back to work in Jakarta. Just hoping to find friends (preferably a mom too), maybe with kids with similar age to my girl. Playdate with the kids, or fitness, or culinary, something like that. I have read some of the posts here, but mostly it is all about nightlife and bars :) Not against it, but I can't really go clubbing that much anymore! :)

Well, hope to find people to hang around with when we are there.

Shierly

Hi Shierly,

Welcome back to Indonesia! You should be excited :-)
There are quite a few of moms here on the forum too, Im sure they'd be more than happy to make another new friend. I am 26 YO and night life is not on my agenda anymore. Hehe.
I am in Shanghai aswell but flying back to Jakarta by the end of the month, if you need any information about life in Jakarta, I'll be glad to help!

Annie

Hello Shierly. I can also help with any information you may need. My wife and my sister go to the gym here 3 times a week. They both have children also. I can connect you up. In box me any time.

Hi Annie and Ali,

Thanks so much for your reply! I will surely get in touch with you guys once I make the move there. Annie, you are in Shanghai? studying??

Where about are you guys located in Jakarta?

Hi Shierly,

Yes I am in Shanghai right now but will be back end of the month :-)
Though I am a bit out, in Jinshan. I'm probably going to the city for dinner on Saturday night, we can meet up if you want :-)
Or else meet in Jakarta!

Annie