What about a catch up to meet some of the jakarta bloggers?

Hey Folks,

Not sure if it is a common practice around here but would be good to arrange a lil catch up with some of the Jakarta bloggers.

Feel free to post some ideas or comments abt that and hope to find some enthusiastic people!

Cheers,
D.

Hi, if you like photography,..probably we can stroll around jakarta and take a photograph :)

Haha! Yeah but I was more thinking about a more social type of catch up.
But good idea bro!

mhmm social type?! like hang out and drink ..and that'll fun too i guess..let me know if you arrange some meeting (or probably only for expat, yes?)

That sounds great.  Send me a message and we can arrange the details!

will be great dude!!!
I'm in :D

WOW! 2 answers in one day! Unbelievable! So we are now 4 volunteers. That is a start. :)

Let see if some more people would like to join and then we can start talking about a venue!

Cheers folks.
D.

[moderated]

can i join? :)

me too?xx

Alright folks, something is in the works.  If you are comfortable to do so, send me your email address in a personal message here.  Is everyone ok with meeting in a central Jakarta location?  Grand Indonesia or ex mall, something like that?  What day and time might work best for you.  Saturday evening sounds perfect for me.  Let's get this going!

Sounds good to me mate. Can we make this on a saturday evening? got my usual friday drinks & Reggae nite @ Jaksa... :)
Any spot with a chill out athmosphere and maybe a pool table would do for me. I ain't too picky! Sending my email address by PM to you now.  Speak soon

Hey guys, I am new here, Im up for that as well!do u mean this saturday Dudams?

Probably happening ard the 6th of november now. This week end is a bit of a short notice and next week would be Halloween!
Keep in touch.

Let's make November 6th a definite!  I'm in, location to be determined but central is good.  FX, EX or grand. Weigh in if you have an opinion.

Hi d,

if you're into blogging so much, there will be Pesta Blogger next week, Saturday 30th at Epicentrum Kuningan.Check their website http://pestablogger.com for info and registration. I'll see ya there :)

D

Sounds good. I am new to Jakarta and am looking forward to it.

what about Indochine? There's a bar, disco and live band place so everyone can find something he likes.

any other ideas!?

I've never been there but I'm up to check it out.  I'll probably be there between 8 and 830 to grab a bite (Dudm@s, how's the food there?) If you personal message me I can send my mobile phone number so you can contact me if you get lost or can't find us within Indochine.  Is there a good obvious place to meet inside?
Hasta Pronto!
PS I'll be ringing the Halloween weekend in in Kemang tomorrow. Let me know if you want to hang!

I'd love to join the meet up at Indochine next weekend, keep me posted!

Alright, Set for Saturday. Indochine at FX mall, 830-9 ish.  I'll get a table when I go in.  If you tell them you are at the table for Melissa hopefully they'll take you to it.
I hope to see you all there!!

Table already booked from 0830 onwards in the outside area under mel's name. How many people are joining?

ahh too bad i cannot make it for this weekend, i will have some photo exhibition on Bandung tomorrow,..well, if anyone of you plan to go to Bandung this weekend, just let me know..

oh and would love to join the next meeting :D

Damn... Bad timing mate. Let's see how this first one goes huh, then we can talk about the next one. ;)
All the best for the exib'!

hahaaa,..alrighty then, have fun!

I should be able to make it, but I cant promise anything. Hope to see you there.

I'd like to come along too! I cant do dinner as i already have plans, but perhaps we can join you after?
x

Hope to see you there Tom.

That is a definite Yes Bec. We should stick ard for a while anyway. :)

i'll be joining. the plan is still on, right?

YUP

Fantastic that so many people are interested.  Reservation is under Melissa.  Like Dum@s said, we'll be there a while. any doubt, send me your cell number.
Ciao

topic sticked ;)

Tiens, le fondateur!
Joining us? :)

Frankly, it would be a real pleasure :)

maybe in 2011 ?

That's a deal. If successful, we might make it a monthly event. :)

Really good idea Dud@ms !

We do organize monthly events here in Mauritius, and everybody appreciates :) (we were 40 last time)

That went well.  About 13 of you made the effort to come out.  You all made my night.  Definitely planning another one for the beginning of December. We'll start a new post for that. 
Until we meet again. . .

Good to meet you guys! Had blast too.
See you next time.

Hey guys,

New in Jakarta, would be happy to join you next time, keep me posted !!

New in Jakarta to (or better, arriving in two weeks),

into photography like some other forum members, so there is one common interest already :)

So if there is any open event organized after the 26th, I would be very happy to join!

ciao!