Seeking enlightenment

I have recently faced a very UNPLEASANT experience in my short stay in Dubai...I have come to Dubai with a tourist visa sponsored by my cousins who've been in Dubai a long time. After 2 weeks, I felt happy because I was able to find a good job. My cousins, who sponsored my visa were very happy too and hopeful that together, we will be making a better life there. All the more excited and hopeful was my family back home. Everything went well, my job was what I had hoped for with employers and colleagues who were really nice.I was FEELING Dubai until one day- a day after I had my medical, everything changed. While on the car, I got a call from my manager and she told me I had to do the medical again- this time, in Sonapur.

It then turned out that they found I had scar in my lungs which came as a super blow to me because I thought I was the healthiest man alive...I was never sick since childhood. They insisted that I had TB before or that I have taken improper medication for an inappropriate long period of time which scarred my lungs or something like that. It was never clear to me actually because the weird thing was- they never explained anything to me. They only told the whole thing to my manager and the company PRO. When I was the one who asked for clarification during the retests, they were tight-lipped. Said they would only explain to the manager. So, it was from the Manager that I learned the findings coz I could not read the medical results which was in Arabic. The two popping English words on that piece of paper though were "OLD TB".

And so, here I am now...back in my hometown, feeling distressed coz Dubai Health Association asked my company to cancel my employment and book me a flight back to my country the soonest possible. Actually "distressed" is an understatement!You can just imagine how you would feel if all your hopes and dreams get shattered by something like that...I think I dont have to elaborate because I know a number of you out there experienced this and felt what I felt and still feeling now...

I am now looking for answers to the following...
* Is there anyone else who've had similar experience out there especially a Filipino like me? (of course other nationalities are welcome to enlighten me too) Were you able to go back and find a new job in Dubai? Or is there no chance at all for me to go back?

* If there're any, please enlighten me on how you've done it...like did you do another medical here in own country and had the results/certificate attested with UAE embassy or something like that?

Your replies would be highly appreciated.

Sorry to read of your problem.

I think that getting a medical done in your home country and then applying will not get you a job back in Dubai.

You could ask for a copy of the medical and have it translated to find out exactly what is written in it.

If the report does state that you have a lung scar then having a test done in the Philippines will not help.

Sorry to be blunt, but your name and medical condition will now be on record in Dubai so you will not be allowed to work there again.

Salam Clearsky4me,
      I had a friend experienced something similar to yours, he took medical test in a big hospital in manila for job abroad. While waiting for a week of result he was shocked when the finding went unbelievable. The doctors said he cannot go abroad anymore for he has a hole in his heart. My friend don't believe in the findings for this is not his 1st time taking medical test and he always feel normal.
      He dicided to go second opinion because he knew that there is a big mistake. He said that he has a wild dream and he will never let that dream to collapse. After pursuing his rights and faith, the result went negative....He was so happy and went back to the hospital he almost sue the doctor but then he realize no one is perfect. "No one is perfect but everyone has the right to ransack their credibility," goodluck.....:)