Possible to have our marriage and divorce registered without going ?

I am a British woman who was previously married to an Ecuadorian man. Is it possible to register a foreign marriage and foreign divorce to an Ecuadorian man by giving Power of Attorney to a local Ecuadorian lawyer to register these life events in Ecuador so that the children of our marriage can have be sure that our marriage was real and that my ex's  status is correct in Ecuador. Also if I wish to go and live in Ecuador at some point in the future I can be recognised as the foreign mother of Ecuadorian children? When speaking to Consulate in London they seemed to think that it is possible to have our marriage and divorce registered without the need to actually go to Ecuador. Can anyone confirm this? Our children were born in England and have dual UK and Ecuadorian nationality. The problem is our marriage was never registered in Ecuador.

Cada certficado de matrimonio y divorciado tienen apostillados, y mis hijos tienen cedulas.

Muchas gracias.

Hello Londongirl2013,

I've moved your post to the English speaking forum of Ecuador so that everybody can understand. ;)

Thanks for your kind understanding,

Regards,

Sarah

Londongirl2013 wrote:

...When speaking to Consulate in London they seemed to think that it is possible to have our marriage and divorce registered without the need to actually go to Ecuador. ...

Hola, I suggest you go by what the officers at Ecuadorian Embassy are telling you. Ecuador is undergoing major changes of regulation in many areas and the government officers will probably be the only one that have a complete picture. I am sure they can help you with all such issues and maybe even do it through the embassy officially....like if you are abroad and want to get married, your marriage can be registered by your embassy. Similarly, an Ecuadorians marriage can be registered by his embassy in London, and so can the divorce.