Test HbsAg for Canadian citizens for employment visa

Does anyone know if the FIT certificate required for Canadians as well? Do they test HbsAg for Canadian citizens for employment visa in Muscat?

Hello Expat-Q.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Muscat Forum for more visibility.

Thanks.

Karen :)

@ Expat - Q: All long term residents will be checked for VDs, HepB, HIV and HepC. During the visa renewal process, they will take a blood sample which will include the above tests.

When you apply for the first time for an employment visa, the tests will also include Typhoid (Chest X-ray) & a few other tests (I think stool and urine). They are not done in subsequent renewals.

Hope that helps,

Rammy

Thanks Karen.

I read on ROP site that the medical certificate is required for certail nationalities and Canada is not on the list. Are you sure about Canadians being checked for medical test as well? On another thread someone posted only HIV is checked but nothing else.
How do we know if all the test you mentioned are done for every single nationality? Do you have any URL from OMAN gov mentioning this or its personal experience?
It is very critical for me since my job may move me to Oman and if this is the case then its a no go since UAE is the only GCC country which is flexible for medical.
Please let me know if you know for sure.

In Dubai, Hep B is done only for 6 categories like food handlers, primary teachers etc. But the Omani government, as far as I know, still does the test for Hep B.... but its a grey area.

I could find only this article..... and I am pretty sure, they have not revised their status on the same.

http://www.theweek.co.om/disCon.aspx?Cval=4217

Its probably a good idea to check with your company if you can.

Thanks...

Well expat-q ... that's right you do not need an initial medical from Canada but once you arrived here then you have to go through two medical test here in Oman one in private and second in govt hospital.

Thanks for the info. DO you know the details of these two tests? What do they test and if there is any exception criteria as it is n Dubai?