Rental Requirements

Hello all,
I am considering moving my family here to be with me and I am looking at rental apartments and villas. The prices that I am seeing are not a problem per se, but I have heard that most landlords ask for the entire years rent upfront. Is this true? What other types of cost come along with renting in this city?

Thanks everyone!

It is a ridiculously absurd, if not unlawful, practice by all the landlords in UAE, taking a full year rent in advance by post dated cheques.  I have raised objection in many forums, but it is of no use.  The authorities maintain that it is the mutual contract between owner and tenant and you can agree what you want.  Unfortunately most of us who have to pay the rent from our pocket have to live with this fact of paying PDC's to cover an year's rent.  Rarely we find this practice elsewhere in the world.
Anyways - the other charges are up to 5% commission to agency (you can avoid this by renting directly with owners); Deposit for ADWEA connections; and a Security Deposit to the landlord.

The price is different from one place to another in AD. In my point of view, I believe that Khalifa A and locations is better for families, and the price is a little bit high.

about landlords, Most of them they want the whole amount of money in advance. but you can find villa that rents is in monthly, quarterly ...

good luck