Places to visit in Cali

Hi,

For the ones living in Cali, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Cali, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Cali?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hi Julie.

I've been staying with my girlfriend and her family in Cali for the last 3months. Its worth while climbing to the 3 crosses and cristo rey. San Antonio is full of colonial architecture, has a great view of the city too and is much less of a climb. A walk around the city centre will show you the old imperial style buildings. ( be wary of a crazy old man who will try to read your future and do some ritual of rubbing gunk on your hands). There is also the Zoo. If you like classic rock music I cannot reccomend La Estacion food and bar enough. Its a nice break from salsa now and then. The bibliotec has a great natural history museum, science museum and observatory. Its also worth travelling to surrounding towns if you have the time. Buga is highly religious and peaceful but doesn't have a great deal to do. Armenia has a coffee theme park, a nature walk and a working coffee plantation where you are taken through the process. I love it here and wish I didn't have to leave.