Places to visit in Copenhagen

Hi,

For the ones living in Copenhagen, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Copenhagen, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Copenhagen?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

there are a lot of places you can visit in denmark such as the recreational centres.

Hi

I would buy the Copenhagen Card which gives free admission to 75 museums and attractions and public transportation.

If it shall be cheap, I would take a roundtrip with the harbous bus(free if you have the Copenhagen Card).

Take a walk in the medieval part of Copenhagen and visit the Botanical Gardens, Rosenborg Castle, the Round Tower.

Outside Copenhagen my favourite place is Frilandsmuseet (an open-air museum with free entrance). If you are not interested in old houses, you will enjoy the park itself with typical landscapes from all over Denmark. There are also animals there. Afterwards go to Brede (lying at the back entrance of the museum and see Mølleåen with an original industrial environment).

Or what what with a trip to Dyrehaven? It is a marvellous place with many deer and a beautiful view at the Sound.

And of course you will have to show your guests Kronborg. Perhaps also Frederiksborg Castle with the many historical paintings. The surrounding park is now returned to as it was established in old times (1700th century).

There is also Fredensborg Castle, situated in a beautiful park close to Lake Esrum. When the queen is there (again in September) there is the guard change every Thursday with music through the town from the station to the castle where they arrive at 12 o'clock sharp. And the queen will always come out and wave to you.

Yes, and while you are in Dyrehaven try the world oldest tivioli called bakken. You'll get here by the s-train form Copenhagen. A cosy garden where you are able to get in without any fee for entrance. You are also alowed to bring your own food ad coffee. Due to this the restaurants in bakken offer affordable and good food.
Close by you've got Louisiana modern art museum and Karen Blixens museum.
Then, when you get to Helsingortake a quick trip to Helsingborg in sweden by the small ferries that goes here.
In Copenhagen you also got plenty of things to see. try stroeget from Radhuspladsen. Take a walk down to Nyhavn and then a trip all over the harbour with these ferries you'll travels with for a buck. Visit Christiania. You could easily spend a year here and discover new things.
I wish you a nice trip and do not forge the camera.