Looking for Native Italian Speakers

Hi Guys,

I am planning a visit to Italy and want to learn some basic Italian language skills. I am not really fond of reading books and don't have time for proper language courses. :(

I'm looking for a native Italian speaker who could help me in learning a bit of Italian to survive a few days' stay.

If anyone is interested to help me out for a few evenings, over a cup of coffee or drinks, please message me. I will appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks,

Hsaeeb

Get in touch with Gioxxx. I think his wife might be able to help you on that.

Thanks Brightonguy. I'll leave him a message. :)

Just one reply! Seriously? :o

I am sure this post and my inbox would have been pouring with replies if it had been posted by a female! lol!

Your request was quite clear - you were looking for native Italian speakers. That ruled a lot of us out. :) And it appears native Italian speakers are either very few in our forum or not interested in teaching you Italian :)

At least brightonguy was kind enough to give you Gioxxx's contact.

... And as you rightly pointed out, you are a guy :lol:

Here's a small lesson in Italian to start you off.

The "thumbs up" sign could either mean the number 1 or the equivalent of showing the middle finger, in parts of Italy. So do keep that in mind when using hand gestures while on tour there.

Best wishes :top:

Hi haseebahm! Well, I guess Gioxxx gave you my contact details a while ago, but you didn't get back to me... :) anyway, I do teach Italian, so pm me if you are interested.

Farhaz, are you sure about the thumb thing??? I have never heard of it before :)

@ Farhaz: Just have a look here...

:D

Italian Gestures - Chapter 1

I read about the thumbs up thing online. :D

But now that real Italians have cleared it for us, I can happily do a thumbs up in Italy without the risk of offending anyone :top:

Hello,I'm italian. When you come to Italy? send email [email protected]