Will be working in Jeddah

Hello everyone,

I've been reading a lot of blog from this site for 2 weeks now and decided to be part of this forum. I will be flying to Jeddah by next week. WIll be working in the fast food industry located at King Abdulaziz Rd.  Can anyone help me/or give me idea on the following:

1. Room/Flat around the area? Preferably with Filipinos or Expat community.

2. Water supply, how's the water in Jeddah.

3. I would like to study the arabic for better understanding and communication since I will be working with the Arab local, are there schools offering short courses like this? Any idea how much?

4. Regarding salaries, I would appreciate a private message from someone who works in fast food industry, just to benchmark the offer of my employer.

Thanks

Hi,
first just be in touch with your work manager to prepare accommodation with other workmates for you before you arrive.
For you I think you will have enough time to study Arabic, so try to learn by yourself.

Good Luck

Nadi

JuMed wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've been reading a lot of blog from this site for 2 weeks now and decided to be part of this forum. I will be flying to Jeddah by next week. WIll be working in the fast food industry located at King Abdulaziz Rd.  Can anyone help me/or give me idea on the following:

3. I would like to study the arabic for better understanding and communication since I will be working with the Arab local, are there schools offering short courses like this? Any idea how much?

4. Regarding salaries, I would appreciate a private message from someone who works in fast food industry, just to benchmark the offer of my employer.

Thanks

for 1, I think you have a good chance find suitable places if you posted in classified section of EB.

2- Water in Jeddah is potable and safe and delivery is reliable. You should not worry about that.

3- There are alot of locals welling to exchange language and knowledge, Arabic for English or Tagalog.

4- I tell you here. Basic Salary is usually somewhere between 1400-3500 SAR basic. Accommodation and sometimes transportation as well are provided by the employer. This depends on the chain and the working hours.

Feel free to text me for further details.

Regards,

JuMed wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thanks

1)Company will provide your Villa and yes all filipino will stay in the same flat while other has too.

2)Water supply should be automatically refilled and "Haris" (care taker) guy will provide it for you so no tense at all even the billings will be handle by him.

3)Your willingness is good but in this era most of the saudi can speak english already but if your branch located in rural area the best is to learn the basic need 1st. Anyway booklet is available in PDOS....

4)Your salary depends of course in your position, sometimes the salary given or contract sign in the Phil. has been ignored. Once you came here the company will give you another contract and another salary so make sure it will not happen. Salary in resto is not that much, sometimes the staff will depends on tips.

just sayin and goodluck.....:D

Hey,

Thank you so much. Appreciate your response. Been reading a lot of  your post and they've been very helpful. Will be flying in by next week. Hope to meet you person.

JuMed wrote:

Hey,

Thank you so much. Appreciate your response. Been reading a lot of  your post and they've been very helpful. Will be flying in by next week. Hope to meet you person.

:gloria gee is this meant for me, nhaa!!! :D