Moving to riyadh soon

Hi everyone
I am a mum of 3 kids and my hubby is a medic, we will be moving to Riyadh soon. I have a lots of questions can someone pls answer them.Does anyone live in the compound attached to king Abdul Aziz military hospital?? If so how r the houses in the British territory?? Are ladies allowed to drive inside the compound? Can ladies go for shopping etc alone ? Without a male partner. How r the British schools in there?? How do we get the driving license? Can someone recommend a good shipping service, how long does it take for our stuff to reach Riyadh?? How about the phone services?  I am soo used to being independent here in the UK , I don't know how I am gonna suvive!!
Thanking you in advance
Confused mum.o_O

Hi rizi1,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to check for a free quote with our partner by following this link: https://www.expat.com/en/luggage/middle … ia/riyadh/ . This might help.

There are also some interesting topics which interest you on the Riyadh forum, feel free to read them. :)

Thank you,

David.

Thanks David:-)

rizi1 wrote:

Hi everyone
I am a mum of 3 kids and my hubby is a medic, we will be moving to Riyadh soon. I have a lots of questions can someone pls answer them.Does anyone live in the compound attached to king Abdul Aziz military hospital?? If so how r the houses in the British territory?? Are ladies allowed to drive inside the compound? Can ladies go for shopping etc alone ? Without a male partner. How r the British schools in there?? How do we get the driving license? Can someone recommend a good shipping service, how long does it take for our stuff to reach Riyadh?? How about the phone services?  I am soo used to being independent here in the UK , I don't know how I am gonna suvive!!
Thanking you in advance
Confused mum.o_O

Can ladies go for shopping etc alone ?Without a male partner

Of course you can go shopping alone, but someone has to drive you there (you can take a taxi)

How do we get the driving license?

Your husband's employer will help him with that.

I am soo used to being independent here in the UK , I don't know how I am gonna suvive!!

women are more independent now than previous years, but they still can't drive ( driver will solve that). I don't know if you can drive inside the compound.

Thank you ahelpfulsaudi.