8000-10,000 dhm for a Health Authority - Abu Dhabi Passer medical tech

Good day everyone! I am new here and I have been reading blogs and forums about UAE for a month now, particularly topics about Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

I am a Filipino medical technologist and I am planning to work in either Dubai or Abu Dhabi. I am so eager about working abroad that I did my research and I think with advice from people who are already there, coping up and adjusting in living there will be less difficult.

I have 2 years of experience as a professional plus 1 year experience as an intern in the field. I just passed my HAAD (Health Authority - Abu Dhabi) and ASCP (American Society of Clinical Pathologist) examinations last June. According to my research, the starting salary for medical technologist (not indicated if HAAD licensed or not) is aroung 8,000 to 10,000 dirhams. Does this payscale apply to HAAD licensed med techs?

Another issue: Is 8,000 dirhams per month will let me live a decent life? I do not have relatives in UAE so likely, I will have to depend on myself with 8,000-10,000 dirhams a motnh. As of now, I was called for interview for a job in Abu Dhabi. I don't know yet if I will be working in a hospital or a clinic.

With that pay scale, will I be able to save money? I am one of the breadwinner in the family so my goal in working abroad is to save money and send some to my family. This may sound stupid to some readers but my money manager plan is to save 50% of my salary and the other 50% is for my necessities: food, shelter, transportation, internet and cellphone loads (no leisure included like travelling, nightlife and shopping). For example if the employer offered me 8,000 dirhams, then should 4,000 dirhams be enough for my necessities?

Thank you so much guys for taking the time to read my issues, and thank you in advance for the advice! God bless! :)

First of all I will welcome u to Expat.com. Its so nice that u want to come and work in UAE and that too for a good purpose. Now if u r not looking at a very hifi life here u can very easily save 4000 out of 8000 salary. If u stay at a shared accomodation which is the case for most single ppl here. then accomodation will not cost u more than 500 to 600. Then if u calculate the other expenses like food and transport and other necessaties. ur monthly expense shud not go over 1500. add the 600 for accomodation and u can save upto 500 per month. so take the decision wisely. if u r getting offer of 8000 then dont lose it.

Hi CGFMorias,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thank you for posting your message here. I am sure you will get some advices soon.

Meanwhile I suggest you post an advert or your resume in the Healthcare jobs in the United Arab Emirates section to enhance your chances to find a job, you never know :/

Feel free to browse through the discussions on the United Arab Emirates Forum, if you are seeking for more information and you can even participate by asking questions ;)

Best of luck with everything CGFMorias :D

P.s - Thank you for your contribution asim_umar ;)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thank you asim_umar and Maximillien17 for your response.

I was interviewed in a licensed agency located in Manila, Philippines last Tuesday, July 16. With all my credentials including certificates I have, the employer from Abu Dhabi offers 4000 dirhams as starting salary, included accommodations are housing (6 people each unit with 3 rooms and 1 common comfort room), food (only when you are on duty) and transportation. I don't know yet if there is wifi service included and how many days of vacation per year. No end of contract. They told me that there will be evaluations every 3 months, and if I pass it the salary will be increased with 250 dirhams. So that in one year I can  raise my salary with 1000 dirhams.

I was overwhelmed that I was immediately accepted, the interview only took us like 5 minutes because they knew I am HAAD and ASCP Passer.

I told them that according to my research, salary range of medical technologists in UAE is around 8K - 10K dirhams. They told me with that salary of 8K and above does not include any accommodations. They also told me that it is more convenient and would  cost me less to apply via recruitment agencies than to visit there with tourist visa and apply as walk-in applicant.

They advised me to think about it before signing up.

What can you say about it? Again, thank you so much! Your response is of great help. :)

Go for it, As a starting point its not a bad offer.
spend some time here you will always have option to switch the job, make sure you dont sign a long contract.

Good luck.