Question about community garden plot or allotment garden plot

Hi everyone,

Background:

My husband and I just heard from the Danish Agency for Labor Retention and International Recruitment regarding our greencard application.  They say that they are processing the greencard application and that the copies of my husband's educational documents have been sent to the Danish Agency for Universities and Internationalisation for assessment, which can take up to two months.  They also said that once they receive the final assessment of my husband's educational credentials, a decision will be made on our application within 30 days.  We know that we qualify, and therefore expect that we'll be receiving our approval in 3 months or so and that we'll likely be heading to Copenhagen in this coming December or January.

Anyway, when we go there we want to be able to garden.  However, all I have been able to find out about community gardening in Denmark are that there are these allotment garden plots called a kolonihave (where one can even build a small house) where one must be on a waiting list for years; they can be 800 square meters or more. 

Here in the US, we can rent a community garden plot each year for between $10 and $60 per season, and the size of the plot is about 100-400 square feet, or roughly between 9 square meters to 37 square meters. 

We don't want one of the large kolonihave plots; we are looking for a small plot to rent on a yearly basis.

Does anyone know if such a thing is available in Copenhagen?

Cheers,

Andrea

Hello Andrea.

Maybe you could post an advert in the Housing in Copenhagen section - For sale (Land). It might be useful. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks!