Travel to Belgium without Birth certificate

Hi Fnds,

I am in serious trouble , help is really appreciated,

I have to travel to belgium next week as my stamping is done , with all the documents ready but except the Birth certificate , came to knw that it is not mandatory as they never check when you travel , it is really a very tough time for me from last 2 mnths to get it issued from my birth place and finally failed,

fnds can i travel , or there is any alternative , as i am working in an MNC.

but still worried to travel.

You only need a passport with visa if relevant to travel to Belgium.

Its only maitory to get your papers done for ur id card. I knew a couple one was English and his wife chinese and they said they needed a birth cert for her translated into dutch

tnks for the reply ....

it's entirely unpredictable what might be asked for a residents' card. You can up your chances of not being asked for a birth certificate for registration purposes by living in areas where the commune staff are NICE!!!!  If you're heading for Brussels region, that means avoiding Ville de Bruxelles commune. WSP are fantastic, their foreigner counter is manned by a man at a guess of southern Indian / Sri Lankan origin who speaks perfect English too. You cannot get an ID card though as you're not Belgian.

Sorry I meant residence card. Basically it looks the same but you cant travel on it like a passport a ecard is it propper name. Sorry I do have a bit of issue mixing them up because they look almost the came and everyone refers to it as my id card.

No prb mam ...atleast u guided ..:)