Soon to be Expat Just Saying Hello

My name is Jason & I am planning on becoming an expat in the near future. As an avid surfer, Indonesia is my first choice. I work as a Merchant Seaman & travel extensively in my line of work. I am a California native & although my home in Pismo Beach, California is very peaceful, it is also becoming a nuisance dealing with taxes and the cost of living. I am also tired of the "rat race" lifestyle of the US. I am a single man & my daughter is grown & in the US Navy. I have a good income and my career allows me to live anywhere I choose so why not get away from it all right? I currently live in a very "touristy" small classic California beach community & although I tolerate it just fine, I'd rather be away from the tourist types of areas. I am interested in the Bukit Peninsula for the quality of waves but I've never been there. I have read quite a bit in the forums here and I'm sure I will have questions at some point but for now I'd just like to say hello and welcome any input on somewhere peaceful and laid back to live, close to some good surf and not over-priced. I would prefer to be a part of a smallish, tight-knit community where everyone looks out for each other and my home will be safe while I am away at work. Thanks in advance and I'm stoked to be here ;o)

Hi Jason !

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Thanks Armand! How's the surf in Mauritius? I've seen your island on "On Surfari" looked pretty good bro!

welcome to indonesia :-)

Halo Jason :)

Welcome to Indonesia and EB soon then :D
You will enjoy Indonesia much :)

Greets,
Debby

Hello Jason,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Need anything, Im gladly to help :)

Enjoy Indonesia!

Sherly

I'm a belgian expat in Panama.I regularly come to Bali to buy stuff for my shop in Panama.I come again in september and would really like to be a bit involved in the daily life of expats of my age (woman, 58). It would be so much more fun, if I am not  the  whole time alone with myself..I'll stay around Semyniak, are there any belgian or other european expats around??,.Thanks!! See you there, Katrien

[moderated: pls post in the job section]

Oooh sounds like recruitment to me.

lukereg wrote:

Oooh sounds like recruitment to me.

Some on line thing..
Looks like they're trying to get cheap workers.

Love to catch up and have a natter.  I am in Kerobokan.:o