Sanur relocation in July 2013

Glad to find such a useful blog.
Kudos Moderators and Team.

Relocating to Sanur by Mothership.
Have lived in Sumatera Indonesia.

Seeking information.
1. Pre-school (4 yo boy)
2. Housing hunt (2-bedroom house basic,1-year lease)
3. Car (Second hand,Rp10 mil,road worthy)
4. Shop @Ruko (200 sqm,Denpasar Selatan,1-year lease)
5. Hospitality Community (hotels,F&B,Travel,leisure)

Checked the forum.
Ample information meantime.
Glad to be on the way.
Cheers,

Of all the various areas in the south of Bali, if I had to live there, it would be Sanur.

Sanur is the first and thus the oldest of the beach front developed tourist areas in Bali.  There is still an authentic Balinese charm which exists in Sanur…a charm which is long gone from places like Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Kerobokan and even Jimbaran for that matter.

Sanur's beach is among the safest in all of Bali due to a long off shore reef.  It's a pretty good white sand beach and it's favored by families (because of its safety). 

Because it was a favored area by expats for many long years there are also a number of long established excellent schools around Sanur, none the least is the famed Bali International School (BIS) founded in 1985. 

Sanur is also in a great location to head to other parts of Bali.  For example, I can be in Sanur in an easy 30 minutes from Ubud, but if headed to say Kuta, that could easily take an hour and a half, or even more.

The choices of properties in Sanur is somewhat extensive, and if I were you I wouldn't make a firm commitment on any place until you are here, boots on the ground, and can see the place (and its location) for yourself.  A year can be a long time if you've made a choice based solely on photos and internet descriptions.

There is a good and internationally mixed expat community in Sanur as well.  Lots of friendly and diverse folks to be found there.  Someone you should seek out is Jack Daniels who has run his business (Bali Discovery) out of Sanur as well as living in Sanur for many long years.  Jack is an invaluable source of good information and his contacts are many and equally useful.

Sanur also has an excellent Rotary Club and I would urge you to at least attend some meetings as a guest if not to join outright. 

Good luck on your move!

Ubudian,
Thank you for your comprehensive description of Sanur.
BTW My lovely wife was working in Sanur for a couple of years.
In a way it is a dream come true that my family will eventually join me in Sanur.
That for at least 2 years running.
We are also seeking assistance from friends and relatives whom are still in Bali.
Hope to meet up with the many Bali expats.
Best regards.

It sounds like you are in good hands and all set for a happy and rewarding life in Sanur. 

Selamat, and enjoy!

Salam Mr. Ash Burn.

welcome to Bali. and enjoy your activities. hopefully you got as your determined before.

best regards,
Komank Wirya

Sanur is one of my favorite beaches on Bali island