Hello from a new member

Hi

Found this site whilst doing research. Seriously considering moving to Bali with my husband and would love to chat with like minded people, who have either moved there or are considering doing so.

I currently live in Tasmania, Australia and work as a secondary school teacher.  Tasmania is a lovely place but waaayyy too cold for me. I have travelled to other countries in the past few years but nowhere have I felt the magic of Bali (Thailand is a close second but then I have not been to some places, such as Vietnam)     I loved the people and the climate and felt so much more alive in Bali.     

Michelle :)

hello michelle...nice to meet you

If you like it, go for it.
A qualified teacher will have no problem in finding well paid work in Indonesia.

Edit - You should easily find work while you're still in Australia but take care the school arranges the work permit and visa. Salary should be not less than 10 million and closer to 20 for a first year foreign  teacher here.

Hi Michelle,

Yes, I LOVE BALI too. Just have a holidays in Bali last month. That is a good place to settle down. But the traffic jam just too terrible ..... Dream to move there for business, Ubuh Area is my first choice, fresh air and with lovley " Padi Sawah " ... the Ikan Bakar taste good too :lol:

expat in Medan...just wish to greet you Hi:)

Hi tulipsmile,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

An introduction maybe?

Hi christine beautiful lady,
I am Indian hail from cochin of Kerala.
Now in Medan...its my another place of work, i work in capacity of project/factory manager for a food inc.
I have been living in many countries, but no other places which  I felt like im no more away from my home.really feel like home here. a country with promising destinations and nice human beings.you all treat foriegners in great respect and part of family...thats how is Indonesia.
indo=india nesia=young=young india.
cheers:)

Nazeer Khan.

Hi Nazeer,

Thank you for this intro.. :)

Hi If you are looking for teaching work in Indonesia, then look at Daves ESL for job vacancies. The market is pretty full but there are always opportunities. I don't know about Bali but I am sure that there would be vacancies etc there but you need to research carefully. Bali also may not pay as much as other places and so you need to consider that. If you want to earn and still be close to Bali, you could try Surabaya, now it is not paradise, its a very packed typical Indonesian city but it will have a higher range of jobs.
The key research, if you can come and visit and meet people face to face. The more you know the more prepared you can be.

Good luck

Hi Michelle,

I too am looking to make the move to Bali, tell your husband to send a message if he would like to chat.

Hi Everyone,

I have holiday'd in Bali for the last few years and each time I go it just gets harder to leave.  Just how does one get to live and work there.  How can you get work if you don't have a sponsor, and is it as hard as everyone says to get permits and visa's to live in Bali.
I'm hoping that someone who has already done this can give me some real advise.

Nice to meet you all
Carol

Hello Michelle,
My new wife and I are taking a trip to Tasmania in a few weeks for our honeymoon. Any suggestions on must see places and things to do? Is it pretty cold this time of year? Thank you.

Cheers!
Adam