Winter fuel payments

Dear all,

My parents are pensioners in France they like many other ex pats have always contributed to the welfare state and paid taxes and national insurance. I now think it very unfair that they and many other face having their their winter fuel payments taken of them by a government that looks at  victimising pensioners.

If you agree could you please sign my Government government e petition

Google government e petition and then when you have gone to the site place fuel payments in the search tab and look for my petition "stop the victimisation of..........."

Many thanks for your time reading this and even more if you sign . I don't  think ex pats should be penalised because they now choose to live abroad

Kindest Regards

Dave

I don't think they are being victimized ..They choose to live abroad ! some live in hot country's so why should they be given winter payment .Its draining are country no matter how much we have all paid into the system.
and some know how to play the system .

I think its wrong they still get paid this money ..I am a pensioner and live alone in the uk. Its hard when

I have to put extra blanket and extra clothes on in the winter this money I get helps, and I thank the government for giving it to me. Is it enough !! I would say yes !! .my parents didn't get help they just got on with what they had ...
But I would not expect it if I could afford to go abroad to live. My opinion only ..

Fair point Eli but if that's the case why is the Government still happy to tax their pensions even if they arent living in Uk I am sure they would be happy to get that tax back after all why pay it if their not there!
Plus seeing they pay they pay their local government bills in France they are still paying their dues unlike every scrounger from abroad who are happy take every benefit even they have never contributed. As I said make your mind up -we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Kindest Regards

Dave